Re: Lets talk about overheating problems

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 14, 2013
      I have a 1977 M-500 with a 440. Same overheating and X seals in thermoquad leaking causing flooding, also warped manifold. For the overheating, I removed the air conditioning and used the condenser coils for a transmission cooler. Installed temp gauges in and out and installed a temperature settable switch to control a dual fan setup that was already installed. I drove from South Carolina to Central America, and I am sure that without this setup, I never would have made it! Not sure if this would be good for cold weather, though!