Weather..

  • Dave S.
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 9, 2013
      Here is hoping that any members in the Eastern Canadian Provinces and
      the Northeastern Sates are still with us and are survivng the major butt
      kicking that Ma Nature has sent their way. I was watching some news
      footage from the Boston area ( on WBZ ) while channel surfing ealier
      today and it looked real bad especially in Massachusetts.. We are used
      to snow in large quantities here on the Canadian Prairies but even that
      much in one dumpwould give us a headache or three...
      Deep Freeze Dave.

      --
      My Railroad picture pages are at
      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions

    • Alfred Doig
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 10, 2013
        Dave, thanks for the concern. Everything in Mass is in pretty good
        shape, some coastal flooding and power outages, but nothing like the
        hurricane we experienced last year. It seems that parts of Conn.
        received the brunt of the storm. We didn't set a new record, so the
        blizzard of '78 is still the big daddy in these parts. The forecast is
        calling for rain next week so we have a frozen mess in our future. Oh joy!!

        BigAl

        Proud owner of a '73 Starcraft Starcruiser on a Dodge truck, gasoline fuel
      • Dave S.
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 10, 2013
          Alfred,
          I was watching some of the news out of Boston again this morning as
          there was not much else on the dish at that hour worth watching and it
          looked pretty grim. We get some serious snow here on the Canadian
          Prairies but as much as some areas of Mass. got in one event would even
          give us a problem or two... We have had some wild temperature swings
          here too and have had freezing rain on top of snow just to add some
          entertainment to the winter party here. Makes for some tough
          shoveling.. <VBG>

          Stay safe out there and be careful while clearing up the mess..
          Deep Freeze Dave.
          1986 Terry Taurus 24 foot, the "Prairie Igloo"
          2010 GMC Sierra 1500 TSV.

          On 2/10/2013 10:31 AM, Alfred Doig wrote:
          > Dave, thanks for the concern. Everything in Mass is in pretty good
          > shape, some coastal flooding and power outages, but nothing like the
          > hurricane we experienced last year. It seems that parts of Conn.
          > received the brunt of the storm. We didn't set a new record, so the
          > blizzard of '78 is still the big daddy in these parts. The forecast is
          > calling for rain next week so we have a frozen mess in our future. Oh joy!!
          >
          > BigAl
          >
          > Proud owner of a '73 Starcraft Starcruiser on a Dodge truck, gasoline fuel

          My Railroad picture pages are at
          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
          Miscellaneous other pictures are at
          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

        • Wesley Furr
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 10, 2013
            The news folks are good about making whatever subject they are discussing
            look "pretty grim". All that's necessary is find the ugliest microcosm,
            video from the worst angle, then zoom and repeat for an hour on the news.
            :-) Hopefully it's not as bad as they are making it out to be... Everybody
            stay safe!

            Wesley

            I was watching some of the news out of Boston again this morning as there
            was not much else on the dish at that hour worth watching and it looked
            pretty grim. We get some serious snow here on the Canadian Prairies but as
            much as some areas of Mass. got in one event would even give us a problem or
            two... We have had some wild temperature swings here too and have had
            freezing rain on top of snow just to add some entertainment to the winter
            party here. Makes for some tough shoveling.. <VBG>

            Stay safe out there and be careful while clearing up the mess..
            Deep Freeze Dave.
            1986 Terry Taurus 24 foot, the "Prairie Igloo"
            2010 GMC Sierra 1500 TSV.
          • Bill Miller
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 10, 2013
              Dave ; Shoveling snow is for YOUNG people. Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this , but as we mature our backs and hearts won't keep up with the shoveling routine for very long.
              Please note , That I said as we mature, as opposed to as we get older.As we mature, we should learn to delegate.

              I especially delegate any snow shoveling to my grandson. he is 19 yo and can handle it much better than I can.
              I get to use the snow blower and the bucket loader,but someone else gets to shovel.

              mainiac bill

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 10, 2013
                Alfred,
                You are lucky, we have NO kids and NO grandkids so I am the (un)lucky
                one who has wo wield the shovel and snow blower...
                Besides Growing old is mandatory, growing up optional.. LOL
                DFD

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 10, 2013
                  OOPS on my part, looked down too far and saw Alfred's name. My bad Bill..
                  DFD

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 11, 2013
                    No problem , Dave. :)