Re: [classicrv] 1988 Coachman

  • dusty titus
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 28, 2012
      Hello Annamae - I'm afraid that item will be hard to find at any auto parts store - ie: Pep Boys!  You'll have to go to the nearest RV dealer - that carries your brand (chevy?) RVs, and bring it in so they can order this item specially - it will be sent to them in order to be properly installed on your Rig.   Expect to spend in the neighborhood of around 140-200 dollars.

      Hope that helps.

      >________________________________

    • Bill Miller
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
        Annamae; Try the auto parts stores in your area,first. Any that handle DORMAN PRODUCTS May have that part. This is fairly new for auto parts stores, so ordinarily dusty would have been correct.
        Also you might find some good parts in an auto graveyard.

        You might also find the item online on ebay, or look at the DORMAN CATALOG to find the proper name for the part.

        mainiac bill

        ________________________________
        Hello Annamae - I'm afraid that item will be hard to find at any auto parts store - ie: Pep Boys!  You'll have to go to the nearest RV dealer - that carries your brand (chevy?) RVs, and bring it in so they can order this item specially - it will be sent to them in order to be properly installed on your Rig.   Expect to spend in the neighborhood of around 140-200 dollars.

        Hope that helps.

        >________________________________

      • annamae319aolcom
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 30, 2012
          Thanks to all who took time to answer my question. Will try those places. If all else fail's I think I can make up one to do the job.
          All have a Happy New Year and hopeful many many more.
          Anna Mae
        • mickael w
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 31, 2012
            i rather dobut an auto parts store will handle those plastic holders. they rarely fail so not much reason for them to stock them. any auto or rv salvage yard should be able to supply you with one though. i would guess it would not cost more than $10-20.

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "annamae319aolcom" <annamae319@...> wrote:

            > Need one small part for Coachman. Seat Belt holder on the floor need the plastic holder the one that keeps it up where you can reach it to fasten the belt. The plastic has broken up the rest is great. Am sure there is a name for this.
            > Driver side of the coachman.
            > Anna Mae

          • Jerry Boone
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 31, 2012
              Also, if you search the internet for seatbelt manufacturers, you will find a half-dozen or so that make belts and would probably sell you those pieces individually.

              -- boone
              '89 Ultrastar 28'

              Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box.
              - Italian Proverb

              i rather dobut an auto parts store will handle those plastic holders. they rarely fail so not much reason for them to stock them. any auto or rv salvage yard should be able to supply you with one though. i would guess it would not cost more than $10-20.

              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "annamae319aolcom" <annamae319@...> wrote:

              > Need one small part for Coachman. Seat Belt holder on the floor need the plastic holder the one that keeps it up where you can reach it to fasten the belt. The plastic has broken up the rest is great. Am sure there is a name for this.
              > Driver side of the coachman.
              > Anna Mae

            • Bill Miller
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 31, 2012
                I did NOT mean to imply that a local auto parts store would stock them, but most of them will be able to order one.

                mainiac bill

                ________________________________
                i rather dobut an auto parts store will handle those plastic holders. they rarely fail so not much reason for them to stock them. any auto or rv salvage yard should be able to supply you with one though. i would guess it would not cost more than $10-20.

                --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "annamae319aolcom" <annamae319@...> wrote:

                > Need one small part for Coachman. Seat Belt holder on the floor need the plastic holder the one that keeps it up where you can reach it to fasten the belt. The plastic has broken up the rest is great. Am sure there is a name for this.
                > Driver side of the coachman.
                > Anna Mae

              • Mike VanPelt
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 1, 2013
                  Try colawrvsalvage.com/rv-parts/

                  Have a good Holiday Season, whatever flavor your holiday is! If you don't
                  have a specific holiday of your own, enjoy the assorted days off! You could
                  be working! :)

                  Mike VanPelt

                  mvp1114@...

                • Annamae
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 2, 2013
                    Thanks to all who have tried to help. After the holiday is over will get out and about to see what can be found.
                    Take care
                    Anna Mae