Re: [classicrv] Re: California new Deisel smog requirments???

  • Dave S.
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 15, 2012
      Veering slightly off topic here, I just do not understand why my snow
      blower used here on the Canadian Prairies has to meet CARB standards???
      I was told by the shop that tunes it for me every fall that they would
      have to break seals on the carb to get it to run at peak performance
      levels because of California regulations. Like my snow blower will ever
      see California.. LOL
      Deep Freez Dave who wonders if anyone in Cali owns a snow blower.. <VBG>

      --
      My Railroad picture pages are at
      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions

    • RogerD
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 19, 2012
        C02 is not toxic like C0, and you are right about it being very essential to all life. It is also the most prevalent (EPA claims 84%) of "man made" greenhouse gases. It is considered a pollutant if in excess of that amount which is "naturally" produced. No way to remove it from the combustion of fossil fuels, and catalytic converters produce it when they break down other pollutants!

        http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/ghgemissions/gases/co2.html