California new Deisel smog requirments???

  • gchsti@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 33 , Dec 15, 2012
      I received a letter saying o4 and older motorhome,busses,etc. desiels with 25k and over gvw will have smog requirements starting Jan 1 2013.
      Thats all I know so far. Anybody else hear anything?
    • RogerD
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 19, 2012
        C02 is not toxic like C0, and you are right about it being very essential to all life. It is also the most prevalent (EPA claims 84%) of "man made" greenhouse gases. It is considered a pollutant if in excess of that amount which is "naturally" produced. No way to remove it from the combustion of fossil fuels, and catalytic converters produce it when they break down other pollutants!

        http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/ghgemissions/gases/co2.html