Re: [classicrv] Please explain generator surge

  • Warren
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 22, 2012
      Your gen manual says to let it run for about 5 minutes to warm up before running any electrical load on it.

      1995 Ford F-350 Centurion 7.3 power stroke diesel dually (Sam).
      Sent from my iPad 2.

      On Nov 22, 2012, at 8:49 AM, Jerry Boone <jfboone@...> wrote:

      > Again, I can't speak for Frank, but in my case it surges without a load, especially when it is first fired up.
      >
      > -- boone
      >
      > Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box.
      > - Italian Proverb

    • Warren
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 22, 2012
        And this drop and return will cause a surge. I will also, for those non inverter gen sets, change the Hz as well.