Re: [classicrv] Electric Tankless Hot Water Heater/Water Leak

  • rick haywood
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012
      the bosch unit is an AE115, not a 8E115, will run you about 470bucks plus shipping. the propane one from girard has a tendency to freeze up in the winter in cold climates. but if you want the AE115 your going to either change your power box out to a higher amp unit or run a separate electric line from the heater to the rv park outlet, a 50amp is not enough. i would call them and ask the amp rating needed for that unit, there are some cheaper electric units that run on 120volts and are point of use tho if your interested that do not require as many amps as this one does. rick

      http://tinyurl.com/a5t7eyb

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012
        Rick,

        Thank you for the information.  I obviously didn't hear those numbers correctly when the tech was giving them to me over the phone.  He sent a copy of the manual & after reading it, we find it will not work for us.  It does require more amps than our rv can manage.  I checked into the point of use units & at first thought it would be fine but after reading more about it, I don't think it is for us.  I am still looking but we have narrowed it down to an electric, on demand/tankless unit.  I just have to find it now.  I have a couple of leads but it will be morning before I can call & follow up on them & get more information.  One is a Marey 110V with a 2gpm output.  Can't remember the other two right now.

        Nadine