Re: [classicrv] 75 dodge journey

  • Bill Miller
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2012
      would be nice to see a picture or two of it.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
        There is a market for everything if your price is realistic and you are patient. The condition and demand will determine how big that market is. Parts from that vintage are always in demand .

        And pictures showing condition would be helpful. With YouTube even videos are easy and can show much more of condition and demonstrate actual working condition.

        Garry.

        Sent from my iPad

      • blindlemon44@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
          I bought a 1978 georgeie boy class a last year off craigslist for $1000 and was able to just hop in and drive it home,125 miles, did a few thing to it, but over all it was in good shape, guess what i am saying is they are selling very high now

          ________________________________
          I have a 22 foot 1975 journey, a few years ago I did some work on it new front rotors, calipers, radiator, and headers. but after 3 surgeries I just haven't been able to get back on it and hate to see it rot away, is there any market for a motor-home like this any more ?

        • dagnblond
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2012
            I'll get out there in a day or two and get some pictures of it
            thanks for the quick responses. I had considered just pulling the generator and trying to sell pieces and parts, but much easier to sell the whole thing. it's tough dismantling from a wheelchair. but if it comes to it me and my tractor can do it.

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 14, 2012
              OK I finally got out the door and took some pics of the old girl.
              I'll see if I can get it washed and take some more later on as it's been siting for several years under an oak tree.
              put the pics in an album marked 75 journey.

              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "dagnblond" <dagnblond@...> wrote:

              > I'll get out there in a day or two and get some pictures of it
              > thanks for the quick responses. I had considered just pulling the generator and trying to sell pieces and parts, but much easier to sell the whole thing. it's tough dismantling from a wheelchair. but if it comes to it me and my tractor can do it.
              >
              > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Bill Miller <mainiac1946@> wrote:
              > >
              > > would be nice to see a picture or two of it.
              > >

              > > ________________________________

            • Rob
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 14, 2012
                At 10/14/2012 12:22 PM,dagnblond wrote:

                >OK I finally got out the door and took some pics of the old girl.
                >I'll see if I can get it washed and take some more later on as it's
                >been siting for several years under an oak tree.
                >put the pics in an album marked 75 journey.

                Rob
                vwrobb@...
              • Dave S.
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 14, 2012
                  What is all the fancy bracketing on the front bumper??? Almost looks
                  like an electrician's pipe bender.. <VBG>
                  DFD
                  On 10/14/2012 1:36 PM, Rob wrote:
                  > At 10/14/2012 12:22 PM,dagnblond wrote:
                  >>

                  >> OK I finally got out the door and took some pics of the old girl.
                  >> I'll see if I can get it washed and take some more later on as it's
                  >> been siting for several years under an oak tree.
                  >> put the pics in an album marked 75 journey.
                  >

                  > Rob
                  > vwrobb@...

                  My Railroad picture pages are at
                  www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                  Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                  www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

                • Bill Miller
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 14, 2012
                    And how much are you looking to get out of the old girl? and where is it located?

                    mainiac bill

                    ________________________________

                    Message 9 of 13 , Oct 14, 2012
                      part of it is brackets for a small dirt bike, the guy I bought it from used it to run around to his son's moto cross events. I had forgotten about something I had hanging on one of the brackets.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Oct 14, 2012
                        don't really have a price as yet, need to try to find some time to see if it will start after sitting so long, and get under it and see where I left off I can't remember if I ever hooked the brake lines back up or not when I put the new calipers on as I had to stop for a surgery then had a couple more and just never got back to it.
                        I am in north central Florida, Keystone Heights. between Jacksonville and Gainesville.

                        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Bill Miller <mainiac1946@...> wrote:

                        > And how much are you looking to get out of the old girl? and where is it located?
                        >
                        > mainiac bill
                        >

                        > ________________________________

                      • Dave S.
                        Message 11 of 13 , Oct 14, 2012
                          Now it makes sense.. <VBG>
                          DFD
                          On 10/14/2012 7:14 PM, dagnblond wrote:
                          > part of it is brackets for a small dirt bike, the guy I bought it from used it to run around to his son's moto cross events. I had forgotten about something I had hanging on one of the brackets.
                          >
                          > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Dave S." <daslater@...> wrote:
                          >> What is all the fancy bracketing on the front bumper??? Almost looks
                          >> like an electrician's pipe bender.. <VBG>
                          >> DFD

                          >>> Rob
                          >>> vwrobb@...

                          >> --
                          >> My Railroad picture pages are at
                          >> www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                          >> Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                          >> www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

                          My Railroad picture pages are at
                          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                          Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                          www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

                        • mcolie
                          Message 12 of 13 , Oct 15, 2012
                            Dagn,

                            What you have is a Journey 22 on a 1975 Dodge Truck chassis.
                            It would be good if you could tell a perspective what engine and trans it has. (360, 413, 440 and TF20 or .. ) I had reasons I didn't like them, but it was an interior layout issue and I have forgotten the rest.

                            Sell it fast. Hire some kids to wash and clean it. Take lots of pictures (or at least get someone else to do it. Then get it on Craig's and anyplace else you can manage.

                            If the election goes badly, it will be worthless in two months, but if it goes well, it will still be a year before the value increases, there are too many newer out there to choose from and many in that price range. Time is not your friend here.

                            If it has not leaked water and has no rot, it should bring 1500~2K even in today's tanked market. If it has rot in the sides or roof, you may have to pay someone to tow it away.

                            Good Luck Guy...
                            (I was once told I would not be likely to walk again.)

                            Matt