duo therm heater

  • Teresa Benson
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 26, 2012
      I bought a used duo therm heater model 65930-064for my rv. I can't figure out if it's 12 volt 110 combined. It says 12 VDC and there isn't a switch to change. Is it automatic or just not made for 110?
      My Rv is old and the 12 volts aren't hooked up in it. I don't know much about wiring. I am running it on 110 from the house. If it's just 12 volt could I buy a converter from radio shack? What size?
      Thanks
      Teresa
    • Steve Lane
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 26, 2012
        It looks like this is a 12v device. I am not sure how many amps this unit
        needs to operate because I did not read through the manual. Here is a link
        to the manual that might help you.

        http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/659/DT659.pdf

        Steve

      • Todd Barnard
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 26, 2012
          Hi Teresa, most of the 659 Model DuoTherms were not dual voltage, but if
          you can send me some pics, I can tell you for sure.
          Feel free to send them to me directly.

          twbarnard@...

          Take care, Todd.

          On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:30 PM, Teresa Benson
          <terry_luv2garden@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > I bought a used duo therm heater model 65930-064for my rv. I can't figure
          > out if it's 12 volt 110 combined. It says 12 VDC and there isn't a switch
          > to change. Is it automatic or just not made for 110?
          > My Rv is old and the 12 volts aren't hooked up in it. I don't know much
          > about wiring. I am running it on 110 from the house. If it's just 12 volt
          > could I buy a converter from radio shack? What size?
          > Thanks
          > Teresa

        • rick haywood
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 27, 2012