Re: [classicrv] Fwd: Dump Station Horror

  • RM
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 13, 2012
      Oh, man, that's so gross and horrible. The last thing any of us need is some inconsiderate bonehead making us all sick.
      What's happened to common courtesy and common sense? It's people like that who cause the need for keys and locks on such simple things as shared water.
      --RoseMarie

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 13, 2012
          RoseMarie:

          Unfortunately, common sense and common courtesy isn't all that common anymore.

          -- boone
          '89 Ultrastar 28'

          Oh, man, that's so gross and horrible. The last thing any of us need is some inconsiderate bonehead making us all sick.
          What's happened to common courtesy and common sense? It's people like that who cause the need for keys and locks on such simple things as shared water.
          --RoseMarie

            Unfortunately, common sense and common courtesy isn't all that common anymore.

            -- boone
            '89 Ultrastar 28'

          • Dave S.
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 13, 2012
              Heck even at the campsite I get the wife to turn the tap on and off so I
              can rinse of my "dump gloves"... Since the same tap is used for both
              there I just switch hoses.
              DFD
              On 8/13/2012 12:15 PM, RM wrote:
              > Oh, man, that's so gross and horrible. The last thing any of us need is some inconsiderate bonehead making us all sick.
              > What's happened to common courtesy and common sense? It's people like that who cause the need for keys and locks on such simple things as shared water.
              > --RoseMarie

            • Warren
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 13, 2012
                That was an over site by the designers of the campground/plumbing. No number or size of signs would have solved that problem. People don't read. Only solution is to move the fresh water well away from the dumping station.

                1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.
                Sent from my iPad 2.

                On Aug 13, 2012, at 12:53 PM, "Dave S." <daslater@...> wrote:

                > This came across another group I subscribe to and I thought it may
                > provide a serious warning to those of us here that use a campground dump
                > facility on occasion. The wife saw this and has decided that we will NOW
                > carry some wet wipes or other sani wipe and clean the hose off BEFORE we
                > use it.
                > Deep Freeze Dave
                >
                > Eventhough this is not Fleetwood specific, I thought we should all consider this a wake up call and I apologize to the moderators but I never thought this would happen and it could harm many people. I frequently boondock at a particular campground that has limited electric sites and no water or sewer hookups but has a fresh water stand and dump station in the same physical location in the campground but the fresh water hoses very clearly marked and unable to touch the ground. Being quite a distance to travel to I sometimes fill up my fresh water at the campground and this trip was no different.
                >
                > While waiting in line at the fresh water/dump station after four days of camping we watched a gentleman grab the end of the clearly marked drinking water hose at the far end of the station with his septic dumping gloves on to wash his septic dumping gloves off because someone else was using the sewer use only hose and he was too impatient to wait a minute or two. Considering I had used that same drinking water hose to fill the fresh water tank on my trailer three days before, I instantly felt ill because I thought no one could be that stupid. Thanks buddy. I guess the drinking water symbol you were staring at wasn't a big enough clue.....
                >
                > I was truly agast/shocked/dumfounded at that and I did not confront the offender...I really was shocked and it took about 20 minutes to realize the potential harm that could do. I did let the campground know and they were going to add additional signs but i do not know that it will help unfortunately. From now on the poor unfortunate campers will have to endure me parked by a water tap in the actual campground blocking the road while my fresh water tanks fill.
                >
                > --
                > My Railroad picture pages are at
                > www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                > Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                > www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

              • JerryK
                Message 7 of 12 , Aug 13, 2012
                  I went to Harbor Freight and bought a box of disposable gloves.  I use a pair once and throw them away when I'm all done.  No rinsing, I just peel them off inside out and pitch them.  My wife has her own pair or at least one and she operates the water valve and leaves the business end to me. We hurry up every chance we get but take our time so there are no mistakes.
                  JerryK

                  Message 8 of 12 , Aug 13, 2012
                    Same here. Beauty supply stores also sell vinyl gloves in boxes of 100. And I believe Walmart also sells em in their first aid or beauty isle.
                    Peal and toss after each use, no rinsing required and no mess. Just grab the cuff and slip em inside out as you peal em off. keeps the germs out of reach.

                    1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.
                    Sent from my iPad 2.

                    On Aug 13, 2012, at 6:07 PM, JerryK <regal5575@...> wrote:

                    > I went to Harbor Freight and bought a box of disposable gloves. I use a pair once and throw them away when I'm all done. No rinsing, I just peel them off inside out and pitch them. My wife has her own pair or at least one and she operates the water valve and leaves the business end to me. We hurry up every chance we get but take our time so there are no mistakes.
                    > JerryK

                  • Bill Miller
                    Message 9 of 12 , Aug 13, 2012
                      Not only is it sad and true, but the saddest part in this episode is that NO ONE had the nerve to tell that ignorant POS to put down the hose with his dirty gloves on. And to tell him other people use that for their drinking water.If he then objected it would be a good time to call the front desk and ask the manager/owner/operator to come down and deal with the offender.
                      JM2CW

                      Bill

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 12 , Aug 14, 2012
                        Knowing most campgrounds. The dump station is about half a mile from the office and by the time the office person got there. Y'all would be long gone.

                        Good ole Clorox wipes would clean it off and as I mentioned before. I don't trust any other hose than my own.

                        1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.
                        Sent from my iPad 2.

                        On Aug 13, 2012, at 10:10 PM, Bill Miller <mainiac1946@...> wrote:

                        > Not only is it sad and true, but the saddest part in this episode is that NO ONE had the nerve to tell that ignorant POS to put down the hose with his dirty gloves on. And to tell him other people use that for their drinking water.If he then objected it would be a good time to call the front desk and ask the manager/owner/operator to come down and deal with the offender.
                        > JM2CW
                        >
                        > Bill

                      • Dave S.
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 14, 2012
                          Warren,
                          I'm with you on that, it's MY hose or a go elsewhere....
                          DFD