Ultrastar resto

  • Jerry Boone
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 5, 2012
      JON:

      How's your project coming along? Any recent photos of your work?

      -- boone
      '89 Ultrastar 28'

        Use Home Depot Allure; vinyl planks, 12"x36". Installs same as Pergo, comes in all type of pattens. That's what I used after removing my carpeting.

        Jon
        92 Ultrastar
        5.9 Cummins, MC16-FD Oshkosh

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "caralecosben" <caralecosben@...> wrote:

        > I have a 1988 Chevy Komfort that we are fixing up. We tore out the carpet and I was going to put pergo. The RV is used at horse shows and will get full of mud and sand, so I don't want carpet. But Lowes said pergo won't work in an RV, that it would buckle or separate. So then I was going to put plank linoleum but they said it would separate. So I bought what they said, sheet linoleum. But the guy tore it all up trying to get it in. He said it was too hard and not wide enough.
        >
        > So can I use pergo in an older RV. I know they do the newer ones but was told they have more stable floors. I would also think of the plank linoleum as it is cheaper, but someone said it is less durable.
        >
        > Help, I'm so frustrated.

      • Joyce
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 5, 2012
          I used Allure and love it. I got a discontinued color which saved money. Joyce

          Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

          Jon <jonbushsr@...> wrote:

          >Use Home Depot Allure; vinyl planks, 12"x36". Installs same as Pergo, comes in all type of pattens. That's what I used after removing my carpeting.
          >
          >Jon
          >92 Ultrastar
          >5.9 Cummins, MC16-FD Oshkosh
          >
          >--- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "caralecosben" <caralecosben@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> I have a 1988 Chevy Komfort that we are fixing up. We tore out the carpet and I was going to put pergo. The RV is used at horse shows and will get full of mud and sand, so I don't want carpet. But Lowes said pergo won't work in an RV, that it would buckle or separate. So then I was going to put plank linoleum but they said it would separate. So I bought what they said, sheet linoleum. But the guy tore it all up trying to get it in. He said it was too hard and not wide enough.
          >>
          >> So can I use pergo in an older RV. I know they do the newer ones but was told they have more stable floors. I would also think of the plank linoleum as it is cheaper, but someone said it is less durable.
          >>
          >> Help, I'm so frustrated.

        • excella25
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 5, 2012
            We replaced the carpet in our 1998 trailer (Airstream) with Pergo two years ago and we have since pulled the trailer over 20k miles over all types of roads and it looks the same today as the day it was installed.

            Pergo and all of it's competing products require a smooth, solid subfloor for installation and there are some environmental cautions to be observed. These are listed in the installation instructions included with the products. You can find installation info on the Pergo website

            We love this floor. I was concerned about the possible gritty feeling with sand but this is easily and quickly handled with a "Swiffer" type of mop.

            Don (MI)

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "caralecosben" <caralecosben@...> wrote:

            > I have a 1988 Chevy Komfort that we are fixing up. We tore out the carpet and I was going to put pergo. The RV is used at horse shows and will get full of mud and sand, so I don't want carpet. But Lowes said pergo won't work in an RV, that it would buckle or separate. So then I was going to put plank linoleum but they said it would separate. So I bought what they said, sheet linoleum. But the guy tore it all up trying to get it in. He said it was too hard and not wide enough.
            >
            > So can I use pergo in an older RV. I know they do the newer ones but was told they have more stable floors. I would also think of the plank linoleum as it is cheaper, but someone said it is less durable.
            >
            > Help, I'm so frustrated.

          • Aubin
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 5, 2012
              Thanks.

              http://aubinspics.shutterfly.com/

              ()~()~~~_____
              (• • )__( ) ( ) \
              \• •) \ / \ / |
              l l l l
              llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

              On Mar 5, 2012, at 5:09 AM, "Jon" <jonbushsr@...> wrote:

              > Use Home Depot Allure; vinyl planks, 12"x36". Installs same as Pergo, comes in all type of pattens. That's what I used after removing my carpeting.
              >
              > Jon
              > 92 Ultrastar
              > 5.9 Cummins, MC16-FD Oshkosh
              >
              > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "caralecosben" <caralecosben@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I have a 1988 Chevy Komfort that we are fixing up. We tore out the carpet and I was going to put pergo. The RV is used at horse shows and will get full of mud and sand, so I don't want carpet. But Lowes said pergo won't work in an RV, that it would buckle or separate. So then I was going to put plank linoleum but they said it would separate. So I bought what they said, sheet linoleum. But the guy tore it all up trying to get it in. He said it was too hard and not wide enough.
              > >
              > > So can I use pergo in an older RV. I know they do the newer ones but was told they have more stable floors. I would also think of the plank linoleum as it is cheaper, but someone said it is less durable.
              > >
              > > Help, I'm so frustrated.
              > >

              > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
              > Lohan makes fun of herself on 'SNL'
              > Watch the troubled actress playing her diva behavior and time in jail for laughs.
              > Privacy Policy

            • Mike VanPelt
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 5, 2012
                There's a kind of heavy-gauge roll linoleum made by Tarkett (Menard's). No
                glue-down, no roll issues, cuts easily, does not move once it's down.

                We've used it in houses, a cabin, and we'll be putting it in our TT. Stands
                up to dogs & such really well too.

                Mike

                "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
                you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

                "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
                Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

                Cindy & Mike VanPelt

                - Libby & Darcy

                Milwaukee, WI, USA

                1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C

                - 21', Ford E350, 460V8

                2005 Lund Explorer

                - 16', Mercury 60

                mvp1114@...

              • Aubin
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 5, 2012
                  They said the roll linoleum was too hard as you couldn't lay it out in the tight quarters.

                  > There's a kind of heavy-gauge roll linoleum made by Tarkett (Menard's). No
                  > glue-down, no roll issues, cuts easily, does not move once it's down.
                  >
                  > We've used it in houses, a cabin, and we'll be putting it in our TT. Stands
                  > up to dogs & such really well too.
                  >
                  > Mike

                  > "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
                  > you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
                  >
                  > "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
                  > Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

                  > Cindy & Mike VanPelt
                  >
                  > - Libby & Darcy
                  >
                  > Milwaukee, WI, USA
                  >
                  > 1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C
                  >
                  > - 21', Ford E350, 460V8
                  >
                  > 2005 Lund Explorer
                  >
                  > - 16', Mercury 60
                  >
                  > mvp1114@...

                  > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                  > When your bank doesn't want you
                  > Financial companies are figuring out which customers are really profitable.
                  > Privacy Policy

                • Mike VanPelt
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 5, 2012
                    This stuff is a LOT more flexible than the old-style roll lino that would
                    crack every time you looked at it - a lot thicker. I've put it into a
                    couple of "galley" kitchens that wouldn't be broken up much worse than an
                    RV. Helped put it into some rental properties for a friend too. And, like
                    I said, it's going to go into our new (1985) one. No, you might not be
                    able to take a 12-foot wide roll in, but do some outside trimming and its no
                    biggie.

                    If you watch at Menard's, it goes on sale every little bit for $0.49 a
                    square foot. I assume that Lowe's and Home Depot have equivalents.

                    Mike

                    They said the roll linoleum was too hard as you couldn't lay it out in the
                    tight quarters.

                    > There's a kind of heavy-gauge roll linoleum made by Tarkett (Menard's). No
                    > glue-down, no roll issues, cuts easily, does not move once it's down.
                    >
                    > We've used it in houses, a cabin, and we'll be putting it in our TT.
                    Stands
                    > up to dogs & such really well too.
                    >
                    > Mike

                    "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
                    you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

                    "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
                    Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

                    Cindy & Mike VanPelt

                    - Libby & Darcy

                    Milwaukee, WI, USA

                    1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C

                    - 21', Ford E350, 460V8

                    2005 Lund Explorer

                    - 16', Mercury 60

                    mvp1114@...

                  • Jon
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 6, 2012
                      Jerry,
                      Finally got back on the new front overhead comsole, got half in yeasterday; hope to finish the rest by the end of the week.

                      Got side tracked with a headlight upgrade; night vision was always poor, only had 10.5 volts at the headlights. Put Bosch type relays in the headlight circuit with new power feeds and now have battery/alternator voltage at the headlights. Also replaced the 20 year old bulbs with newer Silverlight bulbs. Doubled my headlight output.

                      See http://danielsternlighting.com/

                      Jon
                      92 Ultrastar
                      5.9 Cummins, MC16-fd Oshkosh

                      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Boone <jfboone@...> wrote:

                      > JON:
                      >
                      > How's your project coming along? Any recent photos of your work?
                      >
                      > -- boone
                      > '89 Ultrastar 28'

                    • Jerry Boone
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 6, 2012
                        JON:

                        Haven't done much with mine other than live in it. We're on the road, headed back to Oregon rain after three months in the California/Arizona sunshine. My wife has a list of improvements she wants made before we head south next time...and I've got a couple other things I'd like to do to it.

                        I'd like to see your console when you get it finished. I did mine two years ago, but I'm always interested in how different people attack identical projects.

                        -- boone

                        Finally got back on the new front overhead comsole, got half in yeasterday; hope to finish the rest by the end of the week.

                        Got side tracked with a headlight upgrade; night vision was always poor, only had 10.5 volts at the headlights. Put Bosch type relays in the headlight circuit with new power feeds and now have battery/alternator voltage at the headlights. Also replaced the 20 year old bulbs with newer Silverlight bulbs. Doubled my headlight output.

                        See http://danielsternlighting.com/

                        Jon
                        92 Ultrastar
                        5.9 Cummins, MC16-fd Oshkosh

                        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jerry Boone <jfboone@...> wrote:

                        > JON:
                        >
                        > How's your project coming along? Any recent photos of your work?
                        >
                        > -- boone
                        > '89 Ultrastar 28'

                      • Aubin
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 6, 2012
                          I really should have come here first. That sheet linoleum is now ruined.

                          On Mar 5, 2012, at 10:07 PM, "Mike VanPelt" <mvp1114@...> wrote:

                          > This stuff is a LOT more flexible than the old-style roll lino that would
                          > crack every time you looked at it - a lot thicker. I've put it into a
                          > couple of "galley" kitchens that wouldn't be broken up much worse than an
                          > RV. Helped put it into some rental properties for a friend too. And, like
                          > I said, it's going to go into our new (1985) one. No, you might not be
                          > able to take a 12-foot wide roll in, but do some outside trimming and its no
                          > biggie.
                          >
                          > If you watch at Menard's, it goes on sale every little bit for $0.49 a
                          > square foot. I assume that Lowe's and Home Depot have equivalents.
                          >
                          > Mike
                          >
                          > They said the roll linoleum was too hard as you couldn't lay it out in the
                          > tight quarters.
                          >
                          > > There's a kind of heavy-gauge roll linoleum made by Tarkett (Menard's). No
                          > > glue-down, no roll issues, cuts easily, does not move once it's down.
                          > >
                          > > We've used it in houses, a cabin, and we'll be putting it in our TT.
                          > Stands
                          > > up to dogs & such really well too.
                          > >
                          > > Mike

                          > "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
                          > you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
                          >
                          > "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
                          > Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

                          > Cindy & Mike VanPelt
                          >
                          > - Libby & Darcy
                          >
                          > Milwaukee, WI, USA
                          >
                          > 1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C
                          >
                          > - 21', Ford E350, 460V8
                          >
                          > 2005 Lund Explorer
                          >
                          > - 16', Mercury 60
                          >
                          > mvp1114@...

                          > TODAY(Beta) • Powered by Yahoo!
                          > Islamist lawmaker fired for secret nose job
                          > An ultraconservative Egyptian is booted from his party when a cover story about his bandages falls apart.
                          > Privacy Policy

                        • rick haywood
                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 7, 2012
                            just snewed in portland, artleast my son shows a picture of his car with its first snow covering it, he leaves for afghanistan in a few weeks so is spending his leave in portland.   rick