some more goodies

  • Mike VanPelt
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2012
      I'm finding these because I'm hunting for a small TT to use up on our land,
      so I don't have to build the plumbing into the cabin. Keep getting
      sidetracked seeing these things. Little bit o' everything here.

      Mike

      http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/rvs/2880701641.html NICE!!!!!

      http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html

      http://lacrosse.craigslist.org/rvs/2872090302.html

      http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/rvs/2881747576.html not quite a
      "short" bus but close

      http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/rvs/2877533601.html

      http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/rvs/2877820132.html Turtle top!

      http://cosprings.craigslist.org/rvs/2880955115.html

      "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
      you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

      "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
      Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

      Cindy & Mike VanPelt

      - Libby & Darcy

      Milwaukee, WI, USA

      1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C

      - 21', Ford E350, 460V8

      2005 Lund Explorer

      - 16', Mercury 60

      mvp1114@...

    • lighthousemo at Wildwood
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
        On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Mike VanPelt <mvp1114@...> wrote:

        > I'm finding these because I'm hunting for a small TT to use up on our land,
        > so I don't have to build the plumbing into the cabin. Keep getting
        > sidetracked seeing these things. Little bit o' everything here.
        >

        > Mike
        >

        > http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html

        > I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?

        Shirley

      • Warren
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
          A classic for sure.
          Gets about I would guess between 5 and 10 mpg depending on how hard you push it.

          Sent from my iPad 2.

          On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:15 AM, lighthousemo at Wildwood <lighthousemo@...> wrote:

          > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Mike VanPelt <mvp1114@...> wrote:
          >
          > > I'm finding these because I'm hunting for a small TT to use up on our land,
          > > so I don't have to build the plumbing into the cabin. Keep getting
          > > sidetracked seeing these things. Little bit o' everything here.
          > >

          > > Mike
          > >

          > > http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html
          >
          > > I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?
          > >

          > Shirley

        • rick haywood
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
            i'm betting the tires are way over 5 years old.   rick

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
              This one probably has split ring rims and 17.5 tube type tires. Expensive
              to replace with tubeless 19.5 rims.

              Henry

              Henry K. Blair, Jr.
              603 South Walton Street
              Bethune, SC 29009-9032
              (770) 998-4897, Cell (770) 827-7392
              henryblairjr@...

              On Sat, Mar 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM, lighthousemo at Wildwood <
              lighthousemo@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Mike VanPelt <mvp1114@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > I'm finding these because I'm hunting for a small TT to use up on our
              > land,
              > > so I don't have to build the plumbing into the cabin. Keep getting
              > > sidetracked seeing these things. Little bit o' everything here.
              > >

              > > Mike
              > >

              > > http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html
              >
              > > I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?
              > >

              > Shirley

            • Ted Kroll
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
                I had a 73 just like this, one of the best I've had, it got 8 to 9mpg
                Ted
                Gets about I would guess between 5 and 10 mpg depending on how hard you push it.

                Sent from my iPad 2.

                On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:15 AM, lighthousemo at Wildwood <lighthousemo@...> wrote:

                > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Mike VanPelt <mvp1114@...> wrote:
                >
                > > I'm finding these because I'm hunting for a small TT to use up on our land,
                > > so I don't have to build the plumbing into the cabin. Keep getting
                > > sidetracked seeing these things. Little bit o' everything here.
                > >

                > > Mike
                > >

                > > http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html
                >
                > > I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?
                > >

                > Shirley

              • Ted Kroll
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 3, 2012
                  So? Ted
                  i'm betting the tires are way over 5 years old. rick

                  Gets about I would guess between 5 and 10 mpg depending on how hard you push it.

                  Sent from my iPad 2.

                  On Mar 3, 2012, at 10:15 AM, lighthousemo at Wildwood <lighthousemo@...> wrote:

                  > On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Mike VanPelt <mvp1114@...> wrote:

                  > > I'm finding these because I'm hunting for a small TT to use up on our land,

                  > > so I don't have to build the plumbing into the cabin. Keep getting

                  > > sidetracked seeing these things. Little bit o' everything here.

                  > > Mike

                  > > http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html

                  > > I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?

                  > Shirley

                • Mike VanPelt
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
                    I'd guess between 8-10. Big motor but strong enough to move the RV.

                    Mike

                    > http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html

                    > I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?

                    "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
                    you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

                    "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
                    Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

                    Cindy & Mike VanPelt

                    - Libby & Darcy

                    Milwaukee, WI, USA

                    1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C

                    - 21', Ford E350, 460V8

                    2005 Lund Explorer

                    - 16', Mercury 60

                    mvp1114@...

                  • Dave S.
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 4, 2012
                      That is a rather nice looking unit BUT, that 70's carpet is a bit on the
                      "bright" side.. <VBG> Looks to be in reasonable shape BUT, (yes another
                      one) How old is that picture????? One would have to visit and make a
                      personal inspection BEFORE making a final decision on purchasing said rig...
                      Personal opinion only and also of my wife, "That carpet has GOT TO
                      GO"!!! LOL

                      DFD

                      On 3/4/2012 8:16 PM, Mike VanPelt wrote:
                      > I'd guess between 8-10. Big motor but strong enough to move the RV.
                      >

                      > Mike
                      >

                      >> http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html
                      >> I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?

                      > "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
                      > you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
                      >

                      > "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
                      > Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

                      > Cindy& Mike VanPelt
                      >
                      > - Libby& Darcy
                      >
                      > Milwaukee, WI, USA
                      >
                      > 1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C
                      >
                      > - 21', Ford E350, 460V8
                      >
                      > 2005 Lund Explorer
                      >
                      > - 16', Mercury 60
                      >

                      > mvp1114@...

                      My Railroad picture pages are at
                      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                      Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

                    • ez zinger
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 5, 2012
                        The mopar 413 was fairly economical on fuel if the carb is in good shape, otherwise - check the rear axle tag for ratio & plan accordingly.Since your original statement was to purchase for use with new cabin you should not be concerned with cost of a single one way trip, as you said it's the accomodation which is important.

                        That is a rather nice looking unit BUT, that 70's carpet is a bit on the
                        "bright" side.. <VBG> Looks to be in reasonable shape BUT, (yes another
                        one) How old is that picture?????  One would have to visit and make a
                        personal inspection BEFORE making a final decision on purchasing said rig...
                        Personal opinion only and also of my wife, "That carpet has GOT TO
                        GO"!!!  LOL

                        DFD

                        On 3/4/2012 8:16 PM, Mike VanPelt wrote:
                        > I'd guess between 8-10.  Big motor but strong enough to move the RV.
                        >

                        > Mike
                        >

                        >> http://duluth.craigslist.org/rvs/2878986932.html
                        >> I would really like this one , what kind of mileage would it get?

                        > "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
                        > you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
                        >

                        > "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow.  It's already tomorrow in
                        > Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz

                        > Cindy&  Mike VanPelt
                        >
                        >   - Libby&  Darcy
                        >
                        > Milwaukee, WI, USA
                        >
                        > 1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C
                        >
                        >   - 21', Ford E350, 460V8
                        >
                        > 2005 Lund Explorer
                        >
                        >   - 16', Mercury 60
                        >

                        > mvp1114@...

                        My Railroad picture pages are at
                        www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                        Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                        www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

                      • Thomas Phetteplace
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 5, 2012
                          In 74 we had a 72 Champion 24" w/a 413 POWERHOUSE V8! BUT thirsty bugger (5.5 mpg)