Re: SNIP REPLIES

  • Roland Hyatt
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 26, 2012
      Wow! Don't any of you know how to snip extraneous material from replies
      to a post. It takes miles of scrolling to get to the posts. Sorry, but
      it really is a pain.

      Roland
    • Gator Ron
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 26, 2012
        Hi Roland

        NO NEED TO SNIP REPLIES....Replies should be at the top like this one then there is never a need to be in pain because you won't have to scroll to read the reply because it will always be on top where it should be.

        ...Ron

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Roland Hyatt <wrolandhyattjr@...> wrote:

        > Wow! Don't any of you know how to snip extraneous material from replies
        > to a post. It takes miles of scrolling to get to the posts. Sorry, but
        > it really is a pain.
        >
        > Roland

      • mcolie
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 26, 2012
          Ron,

          Part of me agrees with the top post (the old, original way, Pre MS), but I cannot agree with the no snip. I like to leave the prior post attached so the thread makes sense to someone reading just one post.
          But, many readers access this as e-mail and without the benefit of broadband (like using the park Wifi, or snatching Micky D's) and cannot handle large volumes. Some even have to pay by the meg to download with the cellphone DUN link (I used to).
          So, please think about that and be kind. Those people don't need to pay or wait to download what they already saw twice before.

          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Gator Ron" <scotty_lad_1973@...> wrote:

          > Hi Roland
          >

          > NO NEED TO SNIP REPLIES....Replies should be at the top like this one then there is never a need to be in pain because you won't have to scroll to read the reply because it will always be on top where it should be.
          >
          > ...Ron
        • Robert Johnston
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 26, 2012
            Thoughtful People snip replies and only leave the latest you reply too...
            Why?  Many receive email on phones, it uses up data to leave the replies, for they have already read the 3,5,6 or more messages that come with the one which is interesting....

            Many, still have dial up accounts, and it takes 3,5,6,or 10 times as long to receive such messages.

            So I snip replies even if there is one additional message.

            Ye Ol' Codger    Bob, & Nadine

            >________________________________

          • Ted Kroll
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
              Thanks Ron, U took the words right off my keyboard!! The emails that start with the indicators of the previous reply get deleted w/o even a look.
              Ted
              NO NEED TO SNIP REPLIES....Replies should be at the top like this one then there is never a need to be in pain because you won't have to scroll to read the reply because it will always be on top where it should be.

              ...Ron

              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Roland Hyatt <wrolandhyattjr@...> wrote:

              > Wow! Don't any of you know how to snip extraneous material from replies
              > to a post. It takes miles of scrolling to get to the posts. Sorry, but
              > it really is a pain.
              >
              > Roland

            • rick haywood
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
                yes that set of spark plugs should work, but remember you must have a minimum of 35psi to make it run.   Rick

              • Rob
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
                  That was a snipped reply!
                  I'm thinking that maybe there should be a touch more left in the reply....

                  Rob
                  becida@...

                  At 2/27/2012 10:44 AM,rick haywood wrote:

                  >yes that set of spark plugs should work, but remember you must have
                  >a minimum of 35psi to make it run. Rick
                • james
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
                    Yup, I agree, and I can always look up the originalls If I am interested or lost !

                    ...snip.. It takes miles of scrolling to get to the posts. Sorry, but it really is a pain.
                  • Jabba Truck
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
                      Looking up originals takes a lot more effort than scrolling, especially for those of us who view messages on email. I can see a subject line on the message (which might change from message to message), but not which message in the thread someone is replying to.

                      The best course of action is to leave in what's relevant for context and trim what isn't relevant.

                      Message 10 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
                        eggs-actly over easy

                        Message 11 of 17 , Feb 27, 2012
                          who gives a crap about SNIPS lets stick to the subject. ljb

                        • james
                          Message 12 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                            Hey...the topic here is SNIP

                            and while we're at it, why does every message I get have the line:
                            ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

                            jim

                            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, les badger <ljbinc@...> wrote:

                            > who gives a crap about SNIPS lets stick to the subject. ljb

                          • les badger
                            Message 13 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                              what year is you're SNIP and is it a class c or class a. all this time i
                              thought we were here to share insightd on our classic RV.

                            • rick haywood
                              Message 14 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                                my non-snip is a 1941 vintage.lol   rick

                                Message 15 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                                  My snip is an '88. I can't wait for warm weather so I can get to snipping. Joyce

                                  Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

                                  les badger <ljbinc@...> wrote:

                                  >what year is you're SNIP and is it a class c or class a. all this time i
                                  >thought we were here to share insightd on our classic RV.

                                • JerryK
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                                    Enough is enough.  I think with have completely explored both sides of the "SNIP" issue, so this should be the last posting on this topic.
                                    JerryK
                                    ClassicRV moderator

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Feb 28, 2012
                                      Hey folks. What's the deal with all the fighting about snip or not snip? I was away for a couple weeks and come back to find all this. There will never be a general consensus on this. Duane dealt with it for years and his advice was the best. It was also simple: When you post, snip if you want to and don't snip if you don't want to. There are too many reasons for each side to ever reach any agreement.

                                      To snip or not to snip - either way, it won't make my RV any better or any worse. I think there is a list for "proper posting on internet lists." It don't matter, we will all still do it our own way.