Re: Seeking!

  • Sirrobyn0
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 31, 2012
      Jerry, thats why your supposed to stop looking after you have bought, so you don't see all the new listings. LOL

      I do have to agree a $2,000 motorhome, is more than likely going to need a little to a lot of work. We paid $3,000 for ours in 2009, it had just had the transmission replaced, but still needed a few things, to be trip ready. New battery, belts, hoses and I recoated the roof but that was more preventive. Just remember to look for water damage when checking out a unit.

      Rob

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, thomas phetteplace <wildturkey62@...> wrote:

      > Well I'm mostly frustrated by the old postings STILL on the net.

    • abigail_kitt
      Message 2 of 21 , Feb 1, 2012
        You did see that 79 Trans van on Craigslist, didn't you? $1300. I wanted to at least check it out in the next couple of days, but the seller didn't answer & hasn't returned my call yet.

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "wildturkey62" <wildturkey62@...> wrote:

        > Hey gang! I'm officially in the market for a 72-77 Dodge class "C" mini- not having much luck . Either the postings are out of date or I just missed it or wrong part of the country. (or way over priced ) I'm looking for one up $2000 and a 1200 mile radius from Orlando.I just missed 3 .$ 800-1500 range. Or they have been out west. Plz keep your eyes open for me. I'd even settle for a trans-van.

      • thomas phetteplace
        Message 3 of 21 , Feb 1, 2012
          No I missed that

        • abigail_kitt
          Message 4 of 21 , Feb 1, 2012
            I did get to talk to the seller today & he told me that he had sold the TransVan. Sorry!

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, thomas phetteplace <wildturkey62@...> wrote:

            > No I missed that

          • thomas phetteplace
            Message 5 of 21 , Feb 2, 2012
              Story of my life. Either too far away or old outdated posting or SOLD.

            • rick haywood
              Message 6 of 21 , Feb 2, 2012
                i must have drove by atleast 8,000 rv's for sale today, from 200 bucks upwards to 289,000. only took 8 minutes to go by them too.can't believe someone would pay 289,000 for an rv with four slides...........    redwing

                Message 7 of 21 , Feb 2, 2012
                  Where were you driving?

                  Message 8 of 21 , Feb 2, 2012
                    quartzsite arizona, the winter rv parking lot, the town goes from 2800 people to over 2 million every winter, the place now has maybe 45 dealers in one square mile now for rv's and that doesn't even touch the private sellers.   rick

                    Message 9 of 21 , Feb 3, 2012
                      Yah, for 289k. One would expect 5 or 6 slides. Lol. I think I would take less than 8 minutes to pass that 289k RV. :)

                      Sent from my iPad 2.

                      On Feb 2, 2012, at 6:39 PM, rick haywood <haywood_rick@...> wrote:

                      > i must have drove by atleast 8,000 rv's for sale today, from 200 bucks upwards to 289,000. only took 8 minutes to go by them too.can't believe someone would pay 289,000 for an rv with four slides........... redwing

                    • Joyce
                      Message 10 of 21 , Feb 3, 2012
                        Should come with a driver for 289,000. Joyce

                        Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

                        Warren <wncol2004@...> wrote:

                        >Yah, for 289k. One would expect 5 or 6 slides. Lol. I think I would take less than 8 minutes to pass that 289k RV. :)
                        >
                        >Sent from my iPad 2.
                        >
                        >On Feb 2, 2012, at 6:39 PM, rick haywood <haywood_rick@...> wrote:
                        >
                        >> i must have drove by atleast 8,000 rv's for sale today, from 200 bucks upwards to 289,000. only took 8 minutes to go by them too.can't believe someone would pay 289,000 for an rv with four slides........... redwing

                      • lighthousemo at Wildwood
                        Message 11 of 21 , Feb 3, 2012
                          Wow! And the town has up to date sewer and electric to handle that influx?
                          That calls for a lot of utilities! How long is the stay, 4 months?
                          Booming business in RVs .....

                          Thanks

                          Shirley

                          On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:16 PM, rick haywood <haywood_rick@...> wrote:

                          > quartzsite arizona, the winter rv parking lot, the town goes from 2800
                          > people to over 2 million every winter, the place now has maybe 45 dealers
                          > in one square mile now for rv's and that doesn't even touch the private
                          > sellers. rick
                          >
                          > --- On Thu, 2/2/12, lighthousemo at Wildwood <lighthousemo@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > From: lighthousemo at Wildwood <lighthousemo@...>
                          > Subject: Re: [classicrv] Re: Seeking!
                          > To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
                          > Date: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 5:45 PM

                          > Where were you driving?
                          >

                          > On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 6:39 PM, rick haywood <haywood_rick@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >

                          > > i must have drove by atleast 8,000 rv's for sale today, from 200 bucks
                          >
                          > > upwards to 289,000. only took 8 minutes to go by them too.can't believe
                          >
                          > > someone would pay 289,000 for an rv with four slides...........
                          > redwing
                          >

                          > > --- On Thu, 2/2/12, thomas phetteplace <wildturkey62@...> wrote:
                          >

                          > > From: thomas phetteplace <wildturkey62@...>
                          >
                          > > Subject: Re: [classicrv] Re: Seeking!
                          >
                          > > To: "abigail_kitt" <abigail_kitt@...>, classicrv@yahoogroups.com
                          >
                          > > Date: Thursday, February 2, 2012, 3:10 AM

                          > > Story of my life. Either too far away or old outdated posting or
                          > SOLD.

                        • rick haywood
                          Message 12 of 21 , Feb 3, 2012
                            quartzsite has the largest blm long term visitor areas in the country(urlbelow) you can be coming don off the mountain and see thousands of rv's in the desert, it is also where thousands set up to sell stuff, mostly rocks and gems is the theme but this year we saw maybe 40 kitchens set up to handle the influx of visitors, today is the start of the classic car show, the rv show just ended. if your plugging in...no problem you have one heck of a choice, as there are so many it ain't funny.    rick
                            http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/recreation/camping/LTVA/laposa.html
                            http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/

                            http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/rv/rv-general-info/%c2%a0
                            http://www.qzchamber.com/camp.htm%c2%a0

                            Message 13 of 21 , Feb 3, 2012
                              this after noon i saw four different transvan's varying in price from 1200-4,00 all seemed to run but didn't stop to see the interiors.outsides looked ok tho. rick

                              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, rick haywood <haywood_rick@...> wrote:

                              > quartzsite has the largest blm long term visitor areas in the country(urlbelow) you can be coming don off the mountain and see thousands of rv's in the desert, it is also where thousands set up to sell stuff, mostly rocks and gems is the theme but this year we saw maybe 40 kitchens set up to handle the influx of visitors, today is the start of the classic car show, the rv show just ended. if your plugging in...no problem you have one heck of a choice, as there are so many it ain't funny.    rick
                              > http://www.blm.gov/az/st/en/prog/recreation/camping/LTVA/laposa.html
                              > http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/
                              >
                              > http://www.quartzsitervshow.com/rv/rv-general-info/%c3%82%c2%a0
                              > http://www.qzchamber.com/camp.htm%c3%82%c2%a0