1999 Southwind Class A 32'

  • TX
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2011
      The monitor panel on the 'vent-a-hood' above my stove has fallen apart, and although all my systems still work, I can't check the status of black water, grey water, fresh water, pump & water on/off, etc.

      The panel has never worked well, started with a few minor glitches, then one after the other. I just made a 2+ week trip in the rig, and managed (with extra effort) to use everything, but only by either 'trying it out' to see if the pump would run or heater would heat, each time, and actually 'looking' at levels of fresh, grey, and black water. The last 'light' to glow was the battery's charge, but it was wrong :-(

      Does anyone have any idea about where I might can find a suitable replacement? I live in northeast Texas, and have had my rig since it was new. Everything is basically in really nice condition, except for that darned monitor light/switch panel on the ventahood over the stove.

      My tech here, close to home in northeast Texas, says he will look for a replacement, a replacement hood, or maybe even have to replace the entire hood. I googled for information tonight and found this group!

      Thanks for any advice, help, or information!!
      Much appreciation,
      Becky
    • rick haywood
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2011
        Ventline by Dexter made them, you might be able to contact them for a replacement hood and monitor, but even then I would move it to some other location, way to much heat there above the stove. Rick
        http://www.ventline.com/monitoring_systems

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2011
          Hi Becky, I was never a fan of having this monitor in the rangehood where
          it was subjected to heat and grease etc.

          If you opt to replace the hood, check with your tech about mounting another
          monitor panel, perhaps on the back splash, and getting a plain rangehood.

          There are a few different brands of panels and I've had good luck with
          them. Some Fleetwoods had issues with the harness that connected to the
          sensors at the tank...new panels come with all new wiring and Well Nut
          sensors if you needed to replace them as well.

          Take care, Todd.

          On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 9:48 AM, rick haywood <haywood_rick@...>wrote:

          > **
          >

          > Ventline by Dexter made them, you might be able to contact them for a
          > replacement hood and monitor, but even then I would move it to some other
          > location, way to much heat there above the stove. Rick
          > http://www.ventline.com/monitoring_systems

        • Don (MI)
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2011
            The monitor panel in our range hood ws made by Ventline and they were very helpful when we had a problem. Check their site to see if they made your hood.

            http://www.ventline.com/monitoring_systems?b=1

            Don (MI)