Re: [classicrv] Re: Electra Magic Model 80

  • Henry Blair Jr.
    Message 1 of 26 , Nov 10, 2011
      The great benefit is if you mount it as a regular toilet, you just pull the
      handle in the front, and it dumps the results of 25 or so uses into the
      blackwater tank. You only used the original 2.5 gallons of water or less
      than 4 ounces of water, a half a cup, for each flush. There is an
      increased cost for toilet chemicals since you need a new packet of regular
      toilet chemicals for every 25 uses. Reduction in water use, and extending
      the time between black water tank dumping, are what I see as the major
      benefits.

      Henry

      Henry K. Blair, Jr.
      603 South Walton Street
      Bethune, SC 29009-9032
      (770) 998-4897, Cell (770) 827-7392
      henryblairjr@...

      On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 6:59 AM, wpmartin55 <wpmartin55@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Mike VanPelt" <mvp1114@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Henry -
      > >
      > > I tried looking up the toilet and either I'm just not finding it or it's
      > not
      > > there - "recirculating?"
      > >
      > > Does it re-use the flush water? I guess I'm just being stupid but I'm not
      > > following this.
      > >

      > Here's what I found in my Google search:
      > http://www.ehow.com/how-does_6167337_recirculating-toilet-work_.html
      >
      > It seems that the major advantage of this system is you don't need a black
      > water holding tank, and it allows for longer boondocking. Any other
      > advantages, Henry?
      >
      > Cindy

    • Ted Kroll
      Message 2 of 26 , Nov 10, 2011
        I use the single sheet TP and also have hooked up a kitchen sink sprayer for use as a preweter b4 use and post use and b4 flushing. I've never had a problem.
        Ted

        Message 3 of 26 , Nov 10, 2011
          OK, that makes sense now. Thanks!

          Mike

          "There are two ways you can live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle;
          you can live as if everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein

          "Don't worry about the world ending tomorrow. It's already tomorrow in
          Australia!" - Charles M. Schulz
          Cindy & Mike VanPelt
          - Libby & Darcy
          Milwaukee, WI, USA
          1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C
          - 21', Ford E350, 460V8
          2005 Lund Explorer
          - 16', Mercury 60

          mvp1114@...
        • wpmartin55
          Message 4 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Kroll" <tedkroll@...> wrote:

            > I use the single sheet TP and also have hooked up a kitchen sink sprayer for use as a preweter b4 use and post use and b4 flushing. I've never had a problem.
            > Ted

            We changed our shower head to a hand-held and since it's near the toilet we can use it for the same things. And it has the advantages of a hand-held when we want to shower. I highly recommend them.
            Cindy
          • Dave S.
            Message 5 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
              Our trailer came with a hand held shower setup, I also want to add a
              "shower chair: as I have to hunch over in the shower at 6'5" tall.. <VBG>
              Deep Freeze Dave
              1986 Terry Taurus 24'

              On 11/11/2011 4:05 AM, wpmartin55 wrote:

              > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Kroll"<tedkroll@...> wrote:
              >> I use the single sheet TP and also have hooked up a kitchen sink sprayer for use as a preweter b4 use and post use and b4 flushing. I've never had a problem.
              >> Ted
              >>

              > We changed our shower head to a hand-held and since it's near the toilet we can use it for the same things. And it has the advantages of a hand-held when we want to shower. I highly recommend them.
              > Cindy

              My Railroad picture pages are at
              www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
              Miscellaneous other pictures are at
              www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

            • Indiana Robinson
              Message 6 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:45 AM, Dave S. <daslater@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > Our trailer came with a hand held shower setup, I also want to add a
                > "shower chair: as I have to hunch over in the shower at 6'5" tall.. <VBG>
                > Deep Freeze Dave
                > 1986 Terry Taurus 24'
                >

                > =====================

                You have room for a shower chair? :-)

                I have been planning on using a hand held shower to pre-wet the potty bowl
                after I get the plumbing fixed. This is on our 1969 24' Coachman.
                Pipes had frozen and burst in several places before we got it and I just
                have not given it the time to repair them since as I said earlier, we just
                don't use that much water. I will fix all of it during the rebuild I hope
                to get started on this winter. The water tank, pump and water heater were
                also gone. I think I am only going to put in a 15 gallon system. I would
                rather not haul a big bunch of extra water around. We only use around 2
                gallons a day or less.
                BTW, this will be my water system, minus the spray wand:
                http://www.ruralking.com/15-gal-1-0gpm-spot-sprayer.html
                That is the same diaphragm pump that my slide-in truck camper has in it.
                It is only rated at 1 GPM but that is while maintaining around 35 PSI. With
                an open faucet it moves a lot more GPM.
                I could use one of the larger ones like one I use on the farm mounted on my
                golf cart to spray weeds but I think it would be over-kill for our use. It
                is 25 gallons and with a larger pump that maintains 60 PSI. It is also a
                good bit more money and would require a lot more space that I don't want to
                give a water system. The 15 gallon one would fit in the existing space.

                .

                Message 7 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                  We have a small tub in the bathroom, big enough to bath a small child,
                  and I am looking for a compact shower chair of some sort to put in
                  there. I have seen a "bench" that sits on the sides of the tub but that
                  is designed more for use with sliding shower doors...
                  Deep Freeze Dave.

                  On 11/11/2011 9:29 AM, Indiana Robinson wrote:

                  > You have room for a shower chair? :-)

                  --
                  My Railroad picture pages are at
                  www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                  Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                  www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1
                • ez zinger
                  Message 8 of 26 , Nov 11, 2011
                    You might consider having a carpenter build a slightly larger version of a Japanese bathing stool  tall enough & sized to sit securely in your tub.  Then multicoat with waterproofing soaked into the wood.

                    Message 9 of 26 , Nov 12, 2011
                      ez zinger,
                      Interesting idea may pursue it if I can't find anything else.
                      Thanks
                      Deep Freeze Dave

                      On 11/11/2011 9:44 PM, ez zinger wrote:
                      > You might consider having a carpenter build a slightly larger version of a Japanese bathing stool tall enough& sized to sit securely in your tub. Then multicoat with waterproofing soaked into the wood.

                    • Dick
                      Message 10 of 26 , Nov 13, 2011
                        Hi Dave,
                        I uploaded a picture of a shower chair that may work for you. Listed under "Yankee Ingenuity". A multi-purpose solution.
                        RWC

                        Message 11 of 26 , Nov 13, 2011
                          Dick,
                          Interesting idea...