Re: Dana 70hd

  • Dick
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 1, 2011
      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "pntmachine" <pntmachine@...> wrote:

      > Hope this question doesn't confuse all of you! I have a Dana 70hd rear
      end I removed from a Dodge framed motor home (M500 chassis). The RV had
      been in an accident and was at the local wrecking yard. My plan has been
      to use it on my 1948 Studebaker truck restoration.
      > When I removed the axle I also took the spring mounts off of the Dodge
      frame to use on the Studebaker. The problem I have now is I have
      misplaced my notes and have no idea how far apart the spring mounts
      should be on the frame. So if someone out there has a 1976 M500 chassis
      RV with a Dana 70hd, could you please measure the distance between the
      spring mounts? Thanks, Neal

      > BTW I mean from front to back:)
      >Hi Neal

      I have a 1977 Travel Queen on a Dodge M500 frame. I measure 48 3/4"
      between the hangers. I had a slight gray water tank leak, so I killed
      two birds with one stone. If you have any other questions feel free to
      get in touch. If you are interested, I'm going to try to upload a
      picture of my rigs parked next to the jungle in Nicaragua.

      Good Luck,

      RWC