Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

fall colors tour

Expand Messages
  • firstladygolly
    We are going to leave in a couple days for a fall colors tour along the Mississippi River in our 33ft Sportsman DLS that we spent the summer rehabbing. We have
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 5, 2011
    • 0 Attachment
      We are going to leave in a couple days for a fall colors tour along the Mississippi River in our 33ft Sportsman DLS that we spent the summer rehabbing. We have only had it out once and all seemed perfect. We have moved up from our 23ft class c so it seems like a palace. If all goes well on this longer trip we will probably part with our beloved class c. We plan on being gone about a week with our 2 dogs and 2 birds. I'm so excited, can't wait to hit the road! Joyce
    • firstladygolly
      We just returned from our fall colors tour. We were gone 8 days, about 500 miles. We had a wonderful time. All the hard work we put into our renovation was
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 14, 2011
      • 0 Attachment
        We just returned from our fall colors tour. We were gone 8 days, about 500 miles. We had a wonderful time. All the hard work we put into our renovation was well worth it.everything went perfectly. Thanks to everyone for advise and encouragement. Joyce
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "firstladygolly" <firstladygolly@...> wrote:
        >
        > We are going to leave in a couple days for a fall colors tour along the Mississippi River in our 33ft Sportsman DLS that we spent the summer rehabbing. We have only had it out once and all seemed perfect. We have moved up from our 23ft class c so it seems like a palace. If all goes well on this longer trip we will probably part with our beloved class c. We plan on being gone about a week with our 2 dogs and 2 birds. I'm so excited, can't wait to hit the road! Joyce
        >
      • Todd Barnard
        Good news Joyce! Things are turning here now too....might have to take a run up into the mountains next week for a good dose of it! Don t forget to winterize,
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 14, 2011
        • 0 Attachment
          Good news Joyce!

          Things are turning here now too....might have to take a run up into the
          mountains next week for a good dose of it!

          Don't forget to winterize, everyone!

          Cheers, Todd.

          On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM, firstladygolly <firstladygolly@...>wrote:

          > **
          >
          >
          >
          > We just returned from our fall colors tour. We were gone 8 days, about 500
          > miles. We had a wonderful time. All the hard work we put into our renovation
          > was well worth it.everything went perfectly. Thanks to everyone for advise
          > and encouragement. Joyce
          > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "firstladygolly" <firstladygolly@...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > We are going to leave in a couple days for a fall colors tour along the
          > Mississippi River in our 33ft Sportsman DLS that we spent the summer
          > rehabbing. We have only had it out once and all seemed perfect. We have
          > moved up from our 23ft class c so it seems like a palace. If all goes well
          > on this longer trip we will probably part with our beloved class c. We plan
          > on being gone about a week with our 2 dogs and 2 birds. I'm so excited,
          > can't wait to hit the road! Joyce
          > >
          >
          >
          >


          [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
        • Joyce
          Yep, this week I will clean everything out and winterize. Sad the season is over. Our neighbor is kindly providing indoor storage for us. Joyce Sent from my
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 14, 2011
          • 0 Attachment
            Yep, this week I will clean everything out and winterize. Sad the season is over. Our neighbor is kindly providing indoor storage for us. Joyce

            Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

            Todd Barnard <twbarnard@...> wrote:

            >Good news Joyce!
            >
            >Things are turning here now too....might have to take a run up into the
            >mountains next week for a good dose of it!
            >
            >Don't forget to winterize, everyone!
            >
            >Cheers, Todd.
            >
            >On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:16 PM, firstladygolly <firstladygolly@...>wrote:
            >
            >> **
            >>
            >>
            >>
            >> We just returned from our fall colors tour. We were gone 8 days, about 500
            >> miles. We had a wonderful time. All the hard work we put into our renovation
            >> was well worth it.everything went perfectly. Thanks to everyone for advise
            >> and encouragement. Joyce
            >> --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "firstladygolly" <firstladygolly@...>
            >> wrote:
            >> >
            >> > We are going to leave in a couple days for a fall colors tour along the
            >> Mississippi River in our 33ft Sportsman DLS that we spent the summer
            >> rehabbing. We have only had it out once and all seemed perfect. We have
            >> moved up from our 23ft class c so it seems like a palace. If all goes well
            >> on this longer trip we will probably part with our beloved class c. We plan
            >> on being gone about a week with our 2 dogs and 2 birds. I'm so excited,
            >> can't wait to hit the road! Joyce
            >> >
            >>
            >>
            >>
            >
            >
            >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            >
            >
            >
            >------------------------------------
            >
            >Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
          • Dave S.
            Joyce, Glad your trip was uneventful , don t you just love it when a plan works out.. LOL Dave S. ... -- My Railroad picture pages are at
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 14, 2011
            • 0 Attachment
              Joyce,
              Glad your trip was "uneventful", don't you just love it when a plan
              works out.. LOL
              Dave S.

              On 10/14/2011 5:16 PM, firstladygolly wrote:
              > We just returned from our fall colors tour. We were gone 8 days, about 500 miles. We had a wonderful time. All the hard work we put into our renovation was well worth it.everything went perfectly. Thanks to everyone for advise and encouragement. Joyce
              > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "firstladygolly"<firstladygolly@...> wrote:
              >> We are going to leave in a couple days for a fall colors tour along the Mississippi River in our 33ft Sportsman DLS that we spent the summer rehabbing. We have only had it out once and all seemed perfect. We have moved up from our 23ft class c so it seems like a palace. If all goes well on this longer trip we will probably part with our beloved class c. We plan on being gone about a week with our 2 dogs and 2 birds. I'm so excited, can't wait to hit the road! Joyce
              >>
              >
              >
              >
              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >

              --
              My Railroad picture pages are at
              www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
              Miscellaneous other pictures are at
              www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1



              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
            • Joyce
              We have 1979 chevy class c we have had three years, we bought it from a trusted neighbor so we weren t so worried about it. This one I was a bit stressed about
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 14, 2011
              • 0 Attachment
                We have 1979 chevy class c we have had three years, we bought it from a trusted neighbor so we weren't so worried about it. This one I was a bit stressed about but it seems fine. Joyce

                Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

                "Dave S." <daslater@...> wrote:

                >Joyce,
                >Glad your trip was "uneventful", don't you just love it when a plan
                >works out.. LOL
                >Dave S.
                >
                >On 10/14/2011 5:16 PM, firstladygolly wrote:
                >> We just returned from our fall colors tour. We were gone 8 days, about 500 miles. We had a wonderful time. All the hard work we put into our renovation was well worth it.everything went perfectly. Thanks to everyone for advise and encouragement. Joyce
                >> --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "firstladygolly"<firstladygolly@...> wrote:
                >>> We are going to leave in a couple days for a fall colors tour along the Mississippi River in our 33ft Sportsman DLS that we spent the summer rehabbing. We have only had it out once and all seemed perfect. We have moved up from our 23ft class c so it seems like a palace. If all goes well on this longer trip we will probably part with our beloved class c. We plan on being gone about a week with our 2 dogs and 2 birds. I'm so excited, can't wait to hit the road! Joyce
                >>>
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >> ------------------------------------
                >>
                >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >
                >--
                >My Railroad picture pages are at
                >www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
                >Miscellaneous other pictures are at
                >www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1
                >
                >
                >
                >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                >
              • BOB ROSS
                I dont think you hit the fall colors at the right time.. Here in Va the colors are just coming on.. Actually next week will probably be really close to the
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 15, 2011
                • 0 Attachment
                  I dont think you hit the fall colors at the right time.. Here in Va the colors are just coming on.. Actually next week will probably be really close to the best time to "leaf Peep"

                  I think you should repack your camper and redo the cruise including Va and up to New England.. Maybe over to Mich??
                  lol
                  antiqbob..


                  [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                • Joyce
                  We did the upper Mississippi River, Minnesota, Iowa. We had full color, it would be fun to head to Virginia, unfortunately we have to go back to work.
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 15, 2011
                  • 0 Attachment
                    We did the upper Mississippi River, Minnesota, Iowa. We had full color, it would be fun to head to Virginia, unfortunately we have to go back to work. Hopefully in a few years we can both retire and afford gas for major touring! Joyce

                    Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

                    BOB ROSS <antiqbob@...> wrote:

                    >I dont think you hit the fall colors at the right time.. Here in Va the colors are just coming on.. Actually next week will probably be really close to the best time to "leaf Peep"
                    >
                    >I think you should repack your camper and redo the cruise including Va and up to New England.. Maybe over to Mich??
                    >lol
                    >antiqbob..
                    >
                    >
                    >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    >
                  • Ted Kroll
                    I live in Missouri and our colors are pretty much over also. Ours peaked last week. I have a million leaves on the ground. Ted ... From: Joyce To:
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 15, 2011
                    • 0 Attachment
                      I live in Missouri and our colors are pretty much over also. Ours peaked last week. I have a million leaves on the ground.
                      Ted
                      ----- Original Message -----
                      From: Joyce
                      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
                      Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 8:37 AM
                      Subject: Re: [classicrv] Re: fall colors tour



                      We did the upper Mississippi River, Minnesota, Iowa. We had full color, it would be fun to head to Virginia, unfortunately we have to go back to work. Hopefully in a few years we can both retire and afford gas for major touring! Joyce

                      Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

                      BOB ROSS <antiqbob@...> wrote:

                      >I dont think you hit the fall colors at the right time.. Here in Va the colors are just coming on.. Actually next week will probably be really close to the best time to "leaf Peep"
                      >
                      >I think you should repack your camper and redo the cruise including Va and up to New England.. Maybe over to Mich??
                      >lol
                      >antiqbob..
                      >
                      >
                      >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      >




                      [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                    • BOB ROSS
                      You realize I was pulling your leg right?? However, I did see last night that the colors thru this area (Shenandoah Valley, Va) and up into New England (home
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 16, 2011
                      • 0 Attachment
                        You realize I was pulling your leg right??

                        However, I did see last night that the colors thru this area (Shenandoah Valley, Va) and up into New England (home for me) wont really be at peak untill 7-10 days..
                        So there is a bit of truth in what I said.. Even if it was unintentional..LOL
                        antiqbob

                        [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                      • Joyce
                        I would still love to tour your area, but for now it s the Midwest. We have to put ours to bed way to early in the year. Joyce Sent from my U.S. Cellular®
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 16, 2011
                        • 0 Attachment
                          I would still love to tour your area, but for now it's the Midwest. We have to put ours to bed way to early in the year. Joyce

                          Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

                          BOB ROSS <antiqbob@...> wrote:

                          >You realize I was pulling your leg right??
                          >
                          >However, I did see last night that the colors thru this area (Shenandoah Valley, Va) and up into New England (home for me) wont really be at peak untill 7-10 days..
                          >So there is a bit of truth in what I said.. Even if it was unintentional..LOL
                          >antiqbob
                          >
                          >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                          >
                        • Chris Myers
                          I was looking at a used RV with 44,000 miles on it. How long do these engines last pulling such heavy loads? 100K or so?   Chris Myers 841 Dreyer Lane
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 16, 2011
                          • 0 Attachment
                            I was looking at a used RV with 44,000 miles on it. How long do these engines last pulling such heavy loads? 100K or so?
                             
                            Chris Myers
                            841 Dreyer Lane
                            Sellersburg IN


                            ________________________________

                            [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                          • Jerry Boone
                            CHRIS: I have 100,000 on my 89 Ultrastar with a 454 Chevy. It holds 60 lbs of oil pressure, pulls like a locomotive and the last time I took it through the
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 16, 2011
                            • 0 Attachment
                              CHRIS:

                              I have 100,000 on my '89 Ultrastar with a 454 Chevy. It holds 60 lbs of oil pressure, pulls like a locomotive and the last time I took it through the tail pipe sniffer, the folks said it was one of the cleanest old rigs they had seen in years.

                              I'd kinda like to trade it in for something newer, but can't convince myself I'd find anything I (or my wife) would like better.

                              -- boone
                              '89 Ultrastar 28'







                              -----Original Message-----
                              From: Chris Myers <rangerbob1967@...>
                              To: classicrv <classicrv@yahoogroups.com>
                              Sent: Sun, Oct 16, 2011 6:52 pm
                              Subject: [classicrv] Life of a gas powered RV? How many miles?





                              I was looking at a used RV with 44,000 miles on it. How long do these engines last pulling such heavy loads? 100K or so?

                              Chris Myers
                              841 Dreyer Lane
                              Sellersburg IN

                              ________________________________

                              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]









                              [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                            • Indiana Robinson
                              ... OK, I have to ask why it has to go to bed early? :-) Granted I have no desire to pull our trailer (1969, 24 Coachman) in the snow and at below zero I
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 17, 2011
                              • 0 Attachment
                                On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Joyce <firstladygolly@...> wrote:

                                > **
                                >
                                >
                                > I would still love to tour your area, but for now it's the Midwest. We have
                                > to put ours to bed way to early in the year. Joyce
                                >
                                > ===================================


                                OK, I have to ask why it has to go to bed early? :-)
                                Granted I have no desire to pull our trailer (1969, 24' Coachman) in the
                                snow and at below zero I don't even want to get out of bed let alone go
                                camping :-) but I have been wanting to do some winter camping in decent
                                weather for several years now. While -20 is not uncommon here in mid winter
                                one year it was +70 on Christmas day. That sounds like camping weather to me
                                ;-)
                                Heck, I have even been wanting to pull it back on a hill here on the farm
                                where you can see for miles especially in the winter and spend some time in
                                it.
                                The rehab I hope to get done this winter will include a lot of insulating
                                and planning for protecting water lines and drains for cold weather use.
                                I have an 1,400 sq.ft. wood-shop and last winter I kept it at a minimum
                                temperature of 45 all winter using only a 2' long regular baseboard electric
                                heater (installed and hard-wired, not a portable). Of course I was building
                                a wood fire while working in there but even if I went a week without a wood
                                fire the shop never got down to freezing. That heater never even showed up
                                on our farm light bill. I figure that with such a heater installed in the
                                Coachman (with the trailer better insulated) and maybe a heat tape or two
                                (all on thermostats) that I can keep it safe in there all winter. Of course
                                the ducted LP furnace will do the job while camping and give back-up in a
                                power outage (rare here).
                                I especially want to keep it heated this winter so I



                                --


                                Nothing will teach you patience like a horse. Rule #1, the horse is rarely
                                wrong...
                                If you want to get inside of a horse's head love is the key, not anger or
                                impatience and never revenge. Pet it, groom it, feed it, water it; and only
                                then ask it to work with you as a friend.

                                Francis Robinson
                                aka "farmer"
                                Central Indiana USA
                                robinson46176@...
                                https://sites.google.com/site/robinsonsprucecreekfarms/


                                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                              • Indiana Robinson
                                On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Indiana Robinson wrote: OK that wasn t supposed to send yet... ... The last few words were to be
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 17, 2011
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 11:35 AM, Indiana Robinson
                                  <robinson46176@...> wrote:



                                  OK that wasn't supposed to send yet...
                                  :-)
                                  The last few words were to be "so I can work on it...
                                  :-)



                                  --


                                  Nothing will teach you patience like a horse. Rule #1, the horse is
                                  rarely wrong...
                                  If you want to get inside of a horse's head love is the key, not anger
                                  or impatience and never revenge. Pet it, groom it, feed it, water it;
                                  and only then ask it to work with you as a friend.

                                  Francis Robinson
                                  aka "farmer"
                                  Central Indiana USA
                                  robinson46176@...
                                  https://sites.google.com/site/robinsonsprucecreekfarms/
                                • Joyce
                                  Ours is getting put to bed for the season this week. It is suppose to get down to 30 two nights this week. We don t have heated storage, our storage is
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Oct 17, 2011
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    Ours is getting put to bed for the season this week. It is suppose to get down to 30 two nights this week. We don't have heated storage, our storage is provided by our next door neighbor for free. I could not ask them to also heat the building for me. I don't think we have ever been lucky enough to have 70 at Christmas in Iowa. Joyce

                                    Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Android phone

                                    Indiana Robinson <robinson46176@...> wrote:

                                    >On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Joyce <firstladygolly@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    >> **
                                    >>
                                    >>
                                    >> I would still love to tour your area, but for now it's the Midwest. We have
                                    >> to put ours to bed way to early in the year. Joyce
                                    >>
                                    >> ===================================
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >OK, I have to ask why it has to go to bed early? :-)
                                    >Granted I have no desire to pull our trailer (1969, 24' Coachman) in the
                                    >snow and at below zero I don't even want to get out of bed let alone go
                                    >camping :-) but I have been wanting to do some winter camping in decent
                                    >weather for several years now. While -20 is not uncommon here in mid winter
                                    >one year it was +70 on Christmas day. That sounds like camping weather to me
                                    >;-)
                                    >Heck, I have even been wanting to pull it back on a hill here on the farm
                                    >where you can see for miles especially in the winter and spend some time in
                                    >it.
                                    >The rehab I hope to get done this winter will include a lot of insulating
                                    >and planning for protecting water lines and drains for cold weather use.
                                    >I have an 1,400 sq.ft. wood-shop and last winter I kept it at a minimum
                                    >temperature of 45 all winter using only a 2' long regular baseboard electric
                                    >heater (installed and hard-wired, not a portable). Of course I was building
                                    >a wood fire while working in there but even if I went a week without a wood
                                    >fire the shop never got down to freezing. That heater never even showed up
                                    >on our farm light bill. I figure that with such a heater installed in the
                                    >Coachman (with the trailer better insulated) and maybe a heat tape or two
                                    >(all on thermostats) that I can keep it safe in there all winter. Of course
                                    >the ducted LP furnace will do the job while camping and give back-up in a
                                    >power outage (rare here).
                                    >I especially want to keep it heated this winter so I
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >--
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >Nothing will teach you patience like a horse. Rule #1, the horse is rarely
                                    >wrong...
                                    >If you want to get inside of a horse's head love is the key, not anger or
                                    >impatience and never revenge. Pet it, groom it, feed it, water it; and only
                                    >then ask it to work with you as a friend.
                                    >
                                    >Francis Robinson
                                    >aka "farmer"
                                    >Central Indiana USA
                                    >robinson46176@...
                                    >https://sites.google.com/site/robinsonsprucecreekfarms/
                                    >
                                    >
                                    >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
                                    >
                                  Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.