Re: [classicrv] Re: kinda off topic...but

  • ez zinger
    Message 1 of 54 , Jul 31, 2011
      I believe you're quite right....  they just stay off topic for personal & political protection....
      IMHO this whole 2 month process has been nothing less than grandstanding and feeding the media with wild tales to scare us so we don't particularly notice that they're digging into our wallets deeper than ever before..........
      Both houses have to vote down each others bills before it can go to committee for compromise proposals.  They were playing their games in brinkmanship is at our expense.
      Eric

      From: Dave S. <daslater@...>
      Subject: Re: [classicrv] Re: kinda off topic...but
      To: classicrv@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, July 31, 2011, 8:31 PM

      Up here in the Great White North, AKA Canada, we claim that it is real
      easy to tell when our politicians are lying to us, their lips move....  LOL
      Dave S.

      On 7/31/2011 8:17 PM, firstladygolly wrote:
      > They just like throwing a scare in us once in a while to keep us paying attention. Joyce
      >
      > Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Windows® phone.

      My Railroad picture pages are at
      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions
      Miscellaneous other pictures are at
      www.flickr.com/photos/des-productions1

    • Todd Barnard
      Message 54 of 54 , Aug 5, 2011
        Just another note on patches, someone here suggested a crack in an aluminum
        roof could be covered with caulking then painted with a thin roof coat.
        That might work in very arid climates, but as an RV tech for 24 years in the
        land of snow-loads, where we had replace broken rafters on brand new units,
        I would have to call this another band-aid.

        A crack in metal can grow much like one in a windshield. I've seen it in
        roofs and siding.

        I've seen seasonal campers build a 2x4 trussed roof on top of their
        trailers, complete with sheets of OSB and asphalt shingles...all held up by
        the skinny 2x2 walls of the trailer. One fella poured an entire 5 gal
        bucket of black roof tar around a roof vent that leaked. The rafters on
        both sides of the vent had cracked and the roof sloped down to the middle,
        so now he had a 2 inch pool of tar that eventually cracked like a dry lake
        bed. His roof still leaked, the vent was glued shut and he couldn't afford
        my quote to repair it.

        Take the time and effort to make a proper seal or spend it replacing water
        damaged ceilings and cabinets.