Re: Grouply

  • Meg
    Message 1 of 43 , Jun 30, 2011
      This is a reply to this thread and also a "Hi."

      I just rejoined - something I was thinking of doing anyway since my budget is allowing me to consider only older RVs. But then I got this message from Stacy Benton wanting to be my friend and saying we were both on this group (even though I left it several months ago)...

      I can smile about it now but I wasn't smiling when I first saw it. I don't do "social networking" so to get a message like this was a real surprise, and annoying too. Then when I saw the picture in it - well, let's just say "abuse@..." got a copy of that message. With the full source code. Then I sent another copy to "abuse@..." so they'd know it got past their spam filters. I was going to report abuse to Grouply too but when I researched that (I'd never heard of Grouply) I found all kinds of blog posts for years talking about spams, scams, and maybe even identity theft. I started regretting I'd even clicked the "block this address" button. Well - they already had the address...

      Anyway - here I am again. I'll do some reading before I ask anything. But I did want to share my experience.

      Meg
    • gmmullins4
      Message 43 of 43 , Jul 8, 2011
        the average small two door dometic(rm2501) uses 1/4gallon per day when outside temp is 77degrees(propane project results), usage is more with higher outside temps. the larger the fridge the more it uses, also if it runs 12volt like the rm2501 dometic, for the controls, expect a single battery to last 3-6 days depending on battery type and size and condition of battery. fans increase cool down times and efficiancy of fridge when used inside to circulate air, and for cooling down ammonia mix on the outside back tubes. redwing