Fulltimer with URGENT needs

  • ez zinger
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2010
      Please forgive my crossposting, but I believe this situation is URGENT.

      Please read the following Indiana WISHtv.com story and learn of a fulltimer who is having his rights arbitrarily over ruled without legal protection.
      http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/north_central/madison-county-evicts-man-from-trailer

      I am awaiting a response from the TV station regarding my request for personal contact information, in hopes that the RV community across the nation can see fit to join this man's cause for protection of his landowner rights.
      It appears that the man is without professional counsel or the funding needed to fight his cause.  I will post any information I can obtain as it becomes available.
      Thank you for your consideration,
      Eric
      ezzinger@...

    • Don (MI)
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2010
        I don't see anything in the article that indicates his "rights" are being
        arbitrarily ruled over.  A county awyer (or any lawyer) would not jeopardize his
        career of practicing law by denying any citizen his "rights".

        One obvious reason the county is evicting him is the fact he has no sewer.  What
        is he doing with the human waste?  Counties or other local government bodies
        have  building codes that, among other things, define the handiling of waste for
        the protection of the health of other residents, especially in rural areas where
        wells can be at risk.  Being a landowner does not absolve anyone from these
        regulations.

        Don

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
            OUT HOUSE!!!!

            Ted

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
              Ted,

              That was my thought when I saw the man had 38 acres. And although I've never actually measured, I think the horse has far more... through-put than one elderly gentleman.

              I think they're fairly used to dealing with the Amish in Indiana so an outhouse should be nothing new. It sounds rather like someone has a "better" use for that land.

              Wow! I think I've made more posts in 2 days than all the time I've belonged to this group. By the way, thanks to all who have contributed. I do read the digests and value all of the opinions expressed.

              As far as my own problem, I have an appointment Tuesday morning with a cheap attorney. Note "cheap", therefore I have FEWER rights than those fairing better in this economy. But if someone in their 70's has only SS for support, they have even fewer rights than I do.

              Bob

              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Kroll" <tedkroll@...> wrote:

              > OUT HOUSE!!!!
              >
              > Ted
            • Warren
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 6, 2010
                Can't remember if they said, but I bet he doesn't have a telephone.
                I bet the only way to get in touch is via postal mail or walk up and knock
                on his door.

                But, he sound like a good 5% of the people in Kentucky and Tennessee. Could
                be higher percentage, I'm only guessing.

                1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.

                On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM, ez zinger <ezzinger@...> wrote:

                > Please forgive my crossposting, but I believe this situation is URGENT.
                >
                > Please read the following Indiana WISHtv.com story and learn of a fulltimer
                > who is having his rights arbitrarily over ruled without legal protection.
                >
                > http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/north_central/madison-county-evicts-man-from-trailer
                >
                > I am awaiting a response from the TV station regarding my request for
                > personal contact information, in hopes that the RV community across the
                > nation can see fit to join this man's cause for protection of his landowner
                > rights.
                > It appears that the man is without professional counsel or the funding
                > needed to fight his cause. I will post any information I can obtain as it
                > becomes available.
                > Thank you for your consideration,
                > Eric
                > ezzinger@... <ezzinger%40yahoo.com>

              • Roland Hyatt
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 7, 2010
                  He's on 38 acres !

                  --
                  W.Roland Hyatt Jr.
                • gmmullins4
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 9, 2010
                    its too late he is already off the land, and went somewhere else.