To Darren and All

  • stuart.peck@bt.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2000
      Darren,thanks for the stuff about the water tanks , I have now passed
      the "how to fill water tanks" course in a champion.I think the
      previous owner "rigger" has done something to the the system and I
      only have the one control valve under the sink which is where the
      pump
      is too,not under the couch .Anyway who cares , the thing works and as
      you say fill both from each side and that should last!
      We went to the drags this weekend and it was a championship round and
      my turn to race.We enter super street which is a NHRA recognised
      class(we try to follow the US rules and regs)and is an index of
      10.90secs.Me and my wife Anne both race
      the car and alternate the driving between rounds and what a rivalry
      we
      have between us.Anyway I did really well in qualifying
      which meant I get to race the slowest guy in the class on finals
      day.Doh!What a mess !! I under estimated the opposition and gave it
      away to a guy driving a 1934 ford van that goes 120 miles an hour
      but
      is a complete novice.It made his day and we are now best friends and
      he even likes the MH.Talking of which she pulled the race car to and
      from the track with out a problem but I will definitely go for the
      dualsytem when it goes into the shop next week .
      Sounds like you have gone and bought that new MH.Congratulations but
      hope the full bills can be handled{if it is a big block} especially
      when you are hauling the trailer.You have probably found out yourself
      by now .Let me know what you get, a friend of mine has got a 84
      southwind with a 454 but he reckons he is doing 6 to the gallon when
      he is pulling a trailer with a race car on it and judging by the feed
      back I think he is not far off!
      Anyway have some pictures of the Champion and will post soonÂ…
      30 minutes later..Anne managed to get some pics on the files page and
      one of the race car!!
      Also Darren your Champion is a"dead ringer"of mine!!
      Stuart.
    • darjerome@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2000
        Ding Dong the Campion is Gone!

        I now have an 84 31' Sportsman Cross Country. It's 10X nicer than
        the old Champion beast. It's 5' longer and weighs about the same as
        the 28' champion & has a 454 engine. The engine only has 10k on it.
        But does have a slight exhaust leak. It's unbelievable how much
        better it handles than the Champion. Like driving a big ol pickup.
        I'll try to post some pics of it later. Right now I'm busy getting
        it ready for vacation next week. It had twin beds in the back
        bedroom. Wife said they had to go, she's a snuggler. Spent all day
        yesterday taking those out & framing in for a queen bed. Anyone ever
        try to get a queen mattress into a small space in an RV. I think
        wrestling a bear would be an easier task. Anyway, it's in & we'll be
        snugglin.

        If anyone wants to buy a 28' Champion, You can see it from I-35 off
        of Seward Road (West side of I-35 on the hill) in Guthrie, OK.

        Stu: on those water tanks, theoreticaly if the bottom of both tanks
        are the same height & the interconnecting hose is at the bottom of
        each tank, you shouldn't have to use your valve, just leave it open.
        Both tanks will go down at the same rate as you draw water. I never
        did mine that way, but I suppose you could.

      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 5, 2000
          Stuart,

          Great Pics!!! Your Champion is like the one I saw going
          down the road the other day.... bet they only made 2 styles
          yours, and the "mini" version which is what is in the yard
          of a house not too far from me.

          Kathy