Fall get together in the Smokies.

  • Warren
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2010
      This is a cross post to several groups.

      Just a reminder for the Get Together in Cherokee, NC

      Those that wish to join in the fun, the campground is filling up fast so if
      you haven't made your reservations. Do it now. Assuming they aren't already
      full. Call to make reservations for Indian Creek Campground.
      http://www.indiancreekcampground.com Phone: 1-828-497-4361
      Probably best to call to make reservations so you can make sure your RV will
      fit the site.

      This is not a vintage rally but just an informal get together for anyone
      that likes to camp,

      Arrival date for me and one other that I know of for sure, will be the
      afternoon/evening of October 10 and departing the morning of October 16.
      Your welcome to stay the entire time or just part of the time or whatever
      dates you can muster.
      There will be several automobile trips/tours so bad knees and inability to
      walk any distances will not be a problem.
      Plans include car pooling to New found gap and maybe Clingmans dome for
      those that can walk. Those that can't, the parking lot is very nice to sit
      and read a book, Fight the traffic in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge (wife
      wants to go to the red roof mall), Cataloochee cove, Cades cove, Parsons
      branch road out of Cades cove might be fun if it is open. Dirt and possibly
      rough so only vehicles with decent clearance should go on that one as well
      as the trip to Cataloochee.. Various picnics will be planned.
      Bryson City. Highway 28 past Fontana lake. very pretty drive. And highway
      128, over 300 turns in just a little over 13 miles. Now that is a winding
      road.
      Some of these trips are all day trips. Others will take half a day or maybe
      a little more.

      And if you happen to see a road and ask where does that go. If I don't
      know, we will find out. :) If I do know, We probably go check it out
      anyway. :)

      There will be a day to do laundry and relax as well. If we can sit still
      that long. :)

      If we can get enough people to camp, We might be able to talk em into a
      small discount on the campground fees.

      Just let me know what site you reserve so I can keep a list of who to expect
      and when.

      Thanks.

      I have site 48.

      1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.