Re: [classicrv] Re: fuel mileage

  • Ted Kroll
    Message 1 of 101 , Aug 1, 2010
      Instead of the 4L60, use the 700r4. It has all the features of ur 4L60, 4spd,low 1st gear, lockup converter except NOT electronic. I used it with 4WD and hand no complaints at all.
      Ted

      Message 101 of 101 , Aug 5, 2010
        before the 4l80E tranny there was the converted thd400 which some called the 4l80S , the 4L80s are the THD 400 with an overdrive and that final fourth gear is the same as the 700R4 .

        inside the 4l80E and 4l80S thd400 there is no comparrison at all.
        4l80S is not used as a way to identify them for racing.