Re: [classicrv] Re: well im rdy to go camping again

  • Billy Mason
    Message 1 of 19 , May 7, 2010
      i love it... i rebuilt the front end, all new inner an outter tie rods
      ends, pitman arm, idler arm, did a front end allignment.. cost em around 150
      i think it was because i did the work.. i get 16.5 to 19 mpg out on the road
      at 60 to 65 mph,, i have the 350, i wouldnt buy a full size van with a v6, i
      just dont think it would have the power needed to run out here in the
      mountains of the west.. i still needa to put a windshield in mine, an a
      couple of other minor things, but i will have less than 1300.00 in mine
      when its all done.. now either somebody changed out my suspension for a 1/2
      ton suspension, or it was done at the factory.. i think it was the factory,
      it is a 3/4 ton van with a half ton suspension, only reason i can figure is
      for the ride, but they can charge more money buy callin git a G20.., if my
      van was stripped out an it would never cary the weight that my pickup
      would...

      but would i buy it again, yup, rides great, gets 4 times the mpg that my
      class A got, so yeah if its in good shape buy it, if not keep looking...

      billy