Two questions!

  • Matthew Hudson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2010
      Hi Folkses!

      I got two questions for you.

      First is, I have a dodge Titan, and it's 23' long. I'm trying to adjust
      a gas sucking and squirting device (carb), and it's one of those that
      uses a metered carb. If I go too lean, I'll overheat, and if I go too
      rich I'll just waste gas. What would help me is... can folks with the
      same engine tell me the kind of mileage they get with theirs?

      The second is, I'm having new 17.5's installed tomorrow, and want to
      know how hard it is to check the brakes. I've never taken one like this
      apart before.
    • Ted Kroll
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2010
        Matt, the adjustments are only used for idle. Won't effect the mileage
        unless you idle a lot.

        Ted

        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2010
          I installed an eidlebrock carb with metering rods, it lets me do the
          adjustments pretty easily.

          On 5/1/2010 9:14 AM, Ted Kroll wrote:

          > Matt, the adjustments are only used for idle. Won't effect the mileage
          > unless you idle a lot.
          >
          > Ted

        • Ted Kroll
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2010
            oh I see, U didn't mention that.

            I installed an eidlebrock carb with metering rods, it lets me do the
            adjustments pretty easily.

            On 5/1/2010 9:14 AM, Ted Kroll wrote:

            > Matt, the adjustments are only used for idle. Won't effect the mileage
            > unless you idle a lot.
            >
            > Ted

            01:27:00