Re: Emergency starting circuit

  • rsflight1
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2010
      We have a 1989 Encounter. We have had this RV for 16 years and have all available manuals for our model. If you can describe your problem in greater detail, I can suggest fixes and email schematics.

      Bob, Rochester, NY, rsflight@...

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jabba Truck <jabbathetruck@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sean,
      >
      > I have a 1983 Georgie Boy. Going from memory, under the hood is a solenoid rated for continuous duty. One large terminal is connected to the chassis battery at the + terminal and the other one connects to the house batteries' + terminal. The solenoid activates when you push the dash switch, which bridges the connection.
      >
      > Check for corroded cables and a faulty solenoid.
      >
      > sean767845 <sean.hayward@...> wrote:
      >
      > >Hi, I have a 1986 Georgie Boy Encounter 34 ft. The emergency start has stated to start acting up, and I have no wiring diagrams to describe the circuits. Any help at all no matter small you might think it is, could be of a great help to me. I live in the United kingdom so I am out a bit on a limb when it comes to getting help on Mohomes, the people thing you are giving the a licence to print money. Any way I will wait with anticipation for the info to come flooding in
      > >Regards Sean

    • james
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 24, 2010
        Or....you can do it the cheap n easy way....
        when emergency start is needed....just run a set of jumper cables from the chassis battery to the coach battery!

        and you wont have to worry about accidentally leaving a switch on to drain everything!

        jim
      • PennyT
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "james" <james_a_kendall@...> wrote:
          > Or....you can do it the cheap n easy way....
          > when emergency start is needed....just run a set of jumper cables from the chassis battery to the coach battery!
          >and you wont have to worry about accidentally leaving a switch on to drain everything! jim >>>

          Jim, most emergency start buttons are 'momentary' switches, so they can't be left on. If not, they need to be replaced with one.
          Happy Trails, Penny, TX