First question, about RV purchases

  • Enid Metcalfe
    Message 1 of 38 , Dec 21, 2009
      no matter what you spend
      happiness makes it all worth it.
      rich in Virginia.

      That is so true.  We will be taking off from here on the 23rd and will spend a week in
      my son's driveway.  A divorce and spousal support forced him to rent out the basement
      so guest space is none existant this year.  BUT we have our MH and will load the
      dogs, one who is very ill with cancer now, and the cat and travel 4.5 hours to his place
      in comfort.  Then I get a week with my grand, who will probably want to sleep in the MH
      instead of the house (after Santas visit I am sure).  My son has installed an electrical hookup
      and we will use the "facilities" in the house, but nothing compares to waking up in winter
      toasty and warm in the RV......he says he even has saved back a 'few' xmas lights for the RV.
      He is an electrican and a design tech for live theatre so who knows what his 'few' lights
      will turn out to be.
      Got a break on the repairs, $200.  and they installed DH's dual air horns that the kid got
      him for his birthday.  Boys and their toys.....gggg

      Merry Christmas to all and I hope your adventures are wonderful

    • PennyT
      Message 38 of 38 , Dec 25, 2009
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, jfboone@... wrote:>My wife and I are nearing departure day on what we hope will be about a seven-week road trip out of the Oregon rain. And we did a bit of remodeling inside to include adding a book case (she loves to read)>>>>

        Most RVers are switching to Kindle, or similar, to cut down on the weight of carrying books.
        Happy Trails, Penny, TX