Re: RV stuff for sale

  • docrocker@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30, 2009
      Hey Skip, you forgot to mention our tropical breezes!

      I moved here to be with a woman I'd met...that didn't work out, but now I'm in a very good relationship and moving on!
      What kind of rig do you have?

      Tommy, My dad was a true "collector"! I think he imagined selling his stuff one day, but a 60 by 40 shed was just too handy to keep it all in...what would fit anyway! The tugboat stayed in the farmyard!

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Tommy Meadows <rthomasmeadows@...> wrote:

      > Haha, no, I'm not a dealer, just a guy with too much junk in the yard.
      >
      > Tommy

    • SkipC
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "docrocker@..." <twbarnard@...> wrote:

        > Hey Skip, you forgot to mention our tropical breezes!
        >
        > I moved here to be with a woman I'd met...that didn't work out, but now I'm in a very good relationship and moving on!
        > What kind of rig do you have?

        Hi Todd

        I am not Skip but Tika the better half. We have a 88 Airstream and a 2007 Starcraft pop up. We acquired the Airstream from a inheritance, its much like camping in a culvert.
        Depends on price of fuel which one we take and what we tow with. We had friends (Sutton) that had a RV dealer in Grand Island,NE back between 77-81. The gas crunch killed them as it did many RV dealers then. Enjoy this great country, there no place else in the world like it.

        Tika
      • Ted Kroll
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
          Tika, Why are U still in the USA!!!!!

          > I am a former RV tech from Ontario Canada, now living in North Platte,
          NE.

          > I will be moving to Denver area sometime between now an Feb.
          >
          > Are you an RV dealer or a tinkerer? Just curious, have a great day!
          >
          > Todd.

          Todd
          Why would leave Canada, with there low taxes,high wages and FREE medical?

          Tika

        • docrocker@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 1, 2009
            Thanks Tika, I love Colorado and can't wait to move there!

            I haven't Been to you neck of the woods yet, but I want to get to all of the lower 48 someday...So far, most of my travels have been down the east coast.

            I have worked on a few Airstreams over the years...most older than yours, but one newer ones looked like they were moving towards more typical plumbing etc..Thankfully! The old ones were a pain to work on.

            We also sold Starcraft pop ups years ago, we were a top 10 Starcraft dealer in Canada. They had a plant in Ontario in those days, so shipping and Lack of Customs fees made it viable! Not so much anymore, but alwasy thought Starcraft was a step abpve the others.

            Either way, you guys are traveling in style! ;)

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "SkipC" <kudaedge@...> wrote:

            > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "docrocker@" <twbarnard@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey Skip, you forgot to mention our tropical breezes!
            > >
            > > I moved here to be with a woman I'd met...that didn't work out, but now I'm in a very good relationship and moving on!
            > > What kind of rig do you have?
            >
            > Hi Todd
            >
            > I am not Skip but Tika the better half. We have a 88 Airstream and a 2007 Starcraft pop up. We acquired the Airstream from a inheritance, its much like camping in a culvert.
            > Depends on price of fuel which one we take and what we tow with. We had friends (Sutton) that had a RV dealer in Grand Island,NE back between 77-81. The gas crunch killed them as it did many RV dealers then. Enjoy this great country, there no place else in the world like it.
            >
            > Tika

          • tmead17327
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 1, 2009
              Anybody need anything? Let me know / make an offer!

              Tommy

              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, rthomasmeadows@... wrote:
[...]

              (mailto:rthomasmeadows@...) for quickest replies.

              Tommy
              Durango, CO
            • rthomasmeadows@aol.com
              Message 6 of 10 , May 4 2:41 PM
                I still have the following stuff for sale, with some things added/deleted.
                I don't mind shipping from Durango, CO (81301) if you don't mind paying.
                I can ship to most of Colorado and some of northern New Mexico very
                inexpensively, UPS or freight truck for other locations.

                Somebody should really jump on the headers. If you don't know about
                Thorley headers, their reputation is the very best for quality, and they
                are
                designed specifically for low-end torque and pulling power -- great for RV
                applications.

                Make me an offer if there's anything you're interested in. Or if you're
                looking for something I didn't list, it can't hurt to ask.

                BRAND NEW never installed Doug Thorley p/n 315y Tri-Y chrome headers, fit
                small block Chevy 305/350/400 vans 1970-1986 $300

                1975 Chevy 350 engine, 4-bolt main, 50,000 miles, runs strong. $500 -- sold

                TH350 auto trans, rebuilt 4,000 miles ago. $300

                Pre-87 Edelbrock Performer 2.0 oval-port non-EGR intake (Edelbrock #2161)
                for big-block Chevy 454, etc. Used but in good condition. $100 -- sold

                Onan Microlight 2.8kv genset approx 1992 model -- hasn't run in a few
                years. I don't know what's wrong with it. $200

                Mid-'80's Coleman Mach III 13,500 btu a/c works fine, but no exterior
                shroud. $100

                Stove top/oven -- typical Magic Chef RV unit - $50

                Kitchen sink -- double, stainless, small RV-size $20

                I've basically taken apart a complete motorhome. Let me know if you need
                something I didn't
                list here -- I've likely got it.