1984 terry parts

  • amc19812002
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
      Hey Everyone!

      As many of you know, I recently recycled a 1984 27' terry travel trailer. Now, I have the following items up for sale:

      -propane/electric fridge
      -propane stove
      -kitchen sink(double sink)
      -power converter
      -awning
      -holding tanks
      -windows
      -doors
      -rolling chassis
      -propane lines(chassis mount)
      -toilet
      -cabinet doors and drawers

      If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, please let me know.

      adam
      amc19812002@...
    • Phil Hanson
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2009
        Hi Everyone,

        I have this Tioga I am rebuilding.  [I actually wish I could find a Tioga RV manual from this era; I'm sure it would help me out....].   It has a steering problem I have to solve right away and I hope someone can give me some advice.

        The problem is the thing doesn't turn to the R very well, even though after the RV has been driven around for awhile it turns adequately.  A mechanic told me it was the worm drive and would be $800 to fix.  I decided to buy a steering assembly myself and to try to do it, but I am a little worried thinking I may not be able handle the swap out.  Anyone ever done one of these?  Does anyone in LA/ Pasadena area know where I could get something like this done?  Is this something a pretty mechanical non-mechanic can do who has a lot of space, lots of tools, and a good jack?

        Thanks for the help,

        Phil
      • mike whatever
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2009
          i am assuming it is the fleetwood class c tioga. pretty simple job actualy, did you already take it in for a front end alignment? did they say the rest of the steering assembly is in good shape? ball joints? tie rods? your buddy will be a hammer and a few handtools,pitman removal the hardest. its a typical dodge van type chassis for 74. a auto manual for a dodge van covering that year will suffice.

          as far as owners manual you wouldn't have received much, the appliances are pretty much seperate and who knows after all this time if any wiring has been changed etc.  did you happen to luck out and get one of the old onan generators that might run? pretty simple gen set, if it still there, and plenty of parts out there to not only cover the dodge parts but other things as well.

          here is a copy of the sales broshure if you happen to want one:
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1974-Tioga-Dodge-Motorhome-RV-Brochure_W0QQitemZ260363511594QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3c9edfe72a&_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

          as far as getting it done in LA, well plenty of latino shops would probally do it. don't know how much they would charge you tho.i would just say get the motor manual and go from there. autozone probally has it or pepboys.    mike

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2009
            What a great help.  My Tioga is... the motorhome company that Fleetwood later bought.  Thanks Mike!

            ph