Low Bridges

  • o_jon.mills_o
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      I have recently had a few close calls with low bridges that could easily have resulted in a bad accident.

      Does anyone know of a good GPS system or add on for my Garmin that would give a low bridge warning?

      Something like a speed camera POI list could work, but I can't seem to find anything.

      Many thanks.
    • mike whatever
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
        glad you asked this one, bery few have asked ever that i know of, i have a garmin 18 for my laptop and use low clearance info from here:

        http://www.poi-factory.com/node/2002

        don't forget if you run up to one that may be a little low and is not in the directory feel free to add it so everyone else can have it also.    mike

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
          Thanks for your helpful advice.

          I have decided to try a POI database that has been recommended to me on several forums.

          You can download it at http://www.lowclearances.com

          It looks really good.

          Thanks again.