Re: Oshkosh

  • Dan Miller
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2009
      To answer Mike's question, Yes, Orange County Choppers are here. One of them raced a plane down the runway. He lost big time, but he put on quite a show. Harrison "Ford is here. He is a big EAA promoter. I watched the Airbus A380 take off today. It is huge. Double level of seating. I'm guessing it would hold 600 people. To watch a huge plane like that do exhibiton flying around the pattern is something you won't see at any other airport. What I enjoy the most is just looking at all the restored general aviation aircraft. There are thousands to look at. But I also enjoy driving around the campground looking at all the motorhomes. The only ones I haven't seen, and I'm wondering why, are 1982-1990 Holiday Ramblers. I looked for them last year, too, and didn't see any. I like that era of motorhome.
      However, there seems to be just about everything else.
      DM

      P.S. I just got through watching the outdoor movie. It was "The Story of the X-15. Starred Mary Tyler Moore, James Bronson (who gets killed) and a bunch of other people you would recognize but not know their names. It was made in the early 1960's. People sure smoked a lot in those times and the acting is kind of hokey, but the film was fun to watch.