winter road trip

  • Mike VanPelt
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2008
      Hope everyone's Holidays were what they wanted them to be.

      We left Christmas Day on a "point the RV & go" vacation, down through the
      MidWest & Ozarks & eventually ended up at Crater of Diamonds State Park, in
      SW Arkansas (they let you search for your own diamonds; my jewelry making
      wife wanted to dig up some stuff - put it this way, she ended up with some
      really neat looking rocks :-) ). Arkansas State Parks in the Winter only
      charge $9 + tax to camp with water and electric, so it's been an relatively
      inexpensive trip. RV is running great, weather has been good overall
      (mostly good weather, three days in the 60's, one rainy day with HIGH wind
      gusts, in the Ozarks yet - we came up with a new name for the Class C "Old
      Slabsides," we were blown around so much).

      Been in 5 states so far, on our way back north now, writing tonight from
      Joplin, Missouri. We contributed a couple more sites to Jim O'Briant's
      Overnight RV Parking website (http://www.overnightrvparking.com/index.php),
      thought we'd share that site if anyone hadn't heard of it yet. Good stuff &
      gave us four freebie stops so far.

      Back on the road tomorrow, everyone have a safe New Year's (we're planning
      on celebrating at a crossroads bar, someplace in Iowa), and we'll talk again
      when we next have internet access.

      Mike

      =====

      Have a good Holiday Season, whatever flavor your holiday is! If you don't
      have a specific holiday of your own, enjoy the assorted days off! You could
      be working! :-)

      Cindy & Mike VanPelt

      - Libby & Darcy

      Milwaukee, WI, USA

      1997 Itasca Spirit 21RK Class C

      - 21', Ford E350, 460V8

      1979 Champion TransVan Model 604 Class B+

      -19', Dodge B300 Sportsman, 360V8