Re: [classicrv] Re: Freebies Posting - last post hopefully?

  • Billy Mason
    Message 1 of 18 , Dec 10, 2008
      spam just gives me somthing t do, takes up a little while of my long voring
      days.. but i never know about blocking the freebies person, if they belong
      to the group and might send soemthign useful one day so i just delete them
      with out opening them...
      billy
      Message 2 of 18 , Dec 10, 2008
        I don't know for sure what I doing right but I hardy get any spam mails at all, less than a dozen a month.  I don't use any spam filters, my IDs are at least five to ten years old and have been used to visit thousands of websites.  I use EBay and I'm in several "groups".  For security I use AVG anti-virus and Comodo. I also use Spy-bot and AdAware.  All of these are free software.  Most of the spam I see is in this group but that is not a problem since relief is just a "delete key" away.
        JerryK

        ============ ========= =======

        Mike VanPelt

        Director of Bands & Orchestras

        Riverside University High School

        1615 E Locust St

        Milwaukee, WI 53221

        414-906-5035 (w)

        414-507-1408 (c)

        414-304-1273 (h)

        414-906-4915 (FAX)

        vanpemr@mail. milwaukee. k12.wi.us

        mvp1114@ameritech. net

      • Tom K
        Message 3 of 18 , Dec 10, 2008
          JerryK, I suppose the difference is the amount of exposure. I own 54 Yahoo groups and subscribe to about 200 others. Plus a portion of my business operates with emails, and I am an EBay power seller, so there is quite a bit coming in each day both legitimate and lots of spam. I try out a lot of software which also adds you to a list when you register for the free trial. I too like AVG and use Ad-Aware and Spybot as well as Ccleaner for it's registry cleaner. I never heard of Comodo. I was glad when all those drug ads finally stopped. I've nearly worn the text off my delete key.

          Tom K
          Charlotte, NC

          Message 4 of 18 , Dec 10, 2008
            We run this group as an open forum, so as a result we will get
            the "Freebies" people. They are spammers - so please do block them.
            It is unlikely that they would be back anyway. Usually they post in
            the late evening and I delete them in the early mornng hours, unless
            you get you group messages by e-mail and I can't control that, unless
            you opt to check out this forum on-line and not recieve e-mails. If
            you do that you more than likely will never see the "Freebies" freaks.

            Co-moderator
            Dad

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Billy Mason" <southernmutt@...>
            wrote:

            > spam just gives me somthing t do, takes up a little while of my
            long voring
            > days.. but i never know about blocking the freebies person, if they
            belong
            > to the group and might send soemthign useful one day so i just
            delete them
            > with out opening them...
            > billy

          • Warren
            Message 5 of 18 , Dec 10, 2008
              Comodo is a good firewall. Rates up there with ZoneLabs freeware version.
              I also have used AVG and do use Spybot and CCleaner.

              1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.
              1953 Airstream Cruiser Travel trailer (The Run Away Sue)
              Western KY