Re: can you retrofit a trailer to newer water lines (pressure regulator)

  • John Skadberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
      Pressure regulators only regulate pressure while water is running.
      Once it stops pressure will creep up to input pressure. At least all
      regulators I have tested do that. Anyone know of one that doesn't?
    • kenneth j van volkenburg
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
        Regulate the pressure with a gate valve, allowing only enough water through to not overload onboard system and you won't get any "creep".

        Pressure regulators only regulate pressure while water is running.
        Once it stops pressure will creep up to input pressure. At least all
        regulators I have tested do that. Anyone know of one that doesn't?

      • Warren
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
          I do believe they make one that has a gauge in it and I would presume that
          one is probably far better at it.
          But I think you may be right. The cheep ones are just water limiters not
          true regulators.
          They prevent the hard bang of a sudden change in water pressure when you
          turn faucets on and off.
          Proper pressure regulator are not cheep.
          Expect 50 to 80 bucks not the typical 3 to 10 of the cheep ones that do
          exactly what you say. Limit flow not pressure.

          Maybe this one will work.

          http://www.drillspot.com/products/77524/Watts_H560G_3_4_Water_Pressure_Regulator

          Not saying they are a good supplier nor that it is a good item but that it
          might do the trick.

          1989 GMC R2500 HD Suburban.
          1953 Airstream Cruiser Travel trailer (The Run Away Sue)
          Western KY

          On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 10:40 AM, John Skadberg <jskadberg@...> wrote:

          > Pressure regulators only regulate pressure while water is running.
          > Once it stops pressure will creep up to input pressure. At least all
          > regulators I have tested do that. Anyone know of one that doesn't?

        • JerryK
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 2, 2008
            With just a gate valve you can only regulate volume, you can't regulate pressure. For example,with a gate valve in place and adjusted to a very small opening, when you shut off your kitchen tap, pressure in the vehicle will continue to rise until it equals system pressure.
            JerryK