Re: [classicrv] "Little" air compressor search

  • Jabba Truck
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 5, 2008
      Cost no object (within reason)?  Try a 4x4 place.

      http://www.4wheelparts.com/Towing-Tools/400P-RV-Portable-Compressor-Kit-33-Duty-40-Min-30-psi-Sealed.aspx?t_c=67&t_s=2&t_pt=100437&t_pl=9641&t_pn=V%2fA40046

      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 19, 2008
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Steve Elms <selms@...> wrote:
        >This is the type unit I spoke of before. Most people think of a
        cordless gun for $99. and it puts out maybe 100-150 ftlbs.
        The newer professional grade stuff is alltogether different but so is
        the price. Plan on spending as much for the gun 2 batteries and a
        charger that you could buy a small cheap compressor and air gun for
        that still only puts out 150 pounds of tork before it dies.
        PS hows my spelling this time.
        GEORGE!!
        > I have an 18 volt SnapOn cordless impact wrench that will twist off
        a lug bolt if you just hold the trigger down. It will easily tighten
        the lugs on my M300 Dodge to 245 ftlbs without having to hammer very
        long at all. I too thought that cordless inpacts were mostly
        worthless until I got this one. Now I seldom use an air powered
        impact in the shop, and I carry the cordless in the motorhome when I
        travel. I haven't really figured out how I'd get the spare down from
        underneath if I had to, but I guess gravity would do it.