Re: P30 Chassis Front End Dilemna

  • badwillybiker
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 11, 2008
      Hello... This "might" help. UPS has many P30 package units (and a
      lot of older units) and maintains them constantly as they are really
      used. See if you can get to a mechanic or ask one of the package
      drivers to find out for you from a mechanic and maybe they can tell
      you where to get those front end parts. Where I got a number of tips
      that made my day a lot easier..
      I retired from there so it was a bit easier to get to one of the
      wrench twisters there... FWIW/HTH
      Billy

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "linbryer516" <linbryer516@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi everyone!
      > I am in dire need of front end steering components for my 1984 RV
      Chev.
      > P30 medium duty chsssis.
      > Does anyone know where I can purchase left (part# 1401 3039) and
      right
      > (part# 1401 3036) idler arms for my rig at some remote outlrt thst
      you
      > know of.
      > GM and Chevy no longer sell these parts. I have also consulted
      NAPA
      > without success.
      > I am frustrated at the moment because it has been so difficult to
      get
      > my rig back on the road again.
      > I will appreciate any response and suggestions.

    • denisond3d3
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 12, 2008
        <southernmutt@...> wrote:.... since it is a 1 ton chassis, will a part
        from a 1 ton pickup work.. or do i have the wrong chassis stuck in my
        head...
        ** Some parts from a one ton pickup might be the same, or they might
        not. I like taking pictures with my digital camera, to show the part
        I need. That way I am more likely to get the right part, if its a
        part that I cant unbolt and carry with me into the store.
        There are going to be part places that handle parts for Light
        Trucks, rather than just for passenger cars. I look for a place that
        provides parts to delivery trucks and utility company fleets. One
        way to find them is to poke around in an industrial park, looking for
        an outfit that works on trucks. Then ask them where They buy their
        parts for Light Trucks.
      • jackblack86
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 16, 2008
          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "linbryer516" <linbryer516@...> wrote:

          > Hi everyone!
          > I am in dire need of front end steering components for my 1984 RV
          Chev.
          > P30 medium duty chsssis.
          > Does anyone know where I can purchase left (part# 1401 3039) and
          right
          > (part# 1401 3036) idler arms for my rig at some remote outlrt thst
          you
          > know of.
          > GM and Chevy no longer sell these parts. I have also consulted NAPA
          > without success.
          > I am frustrated at the moment because it has been so difficult to get
          > my rig back on the road again.
          > I will appreciate any response and suggestions.

          HI IF YIU GO ON NAPA ONLINE YOU CAN LOOK THE PARTS UP YOUR SELF THIS
          SHOULD BE YOUR IDLER ARM
          http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NOLMaster.aspx?
          PageId=470&LineCode=MRC&PartNumber=18830&Description=Idler+Arm+Assy
        • jackblack86
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 16, 2008