Re: [classicrv] Re: Chevy AC questions - G30

  • Billy Mason
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
      so you need a heater core... have you tired looking at sites on the www for
      it..
      billy
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
        Hi Billy..

        I have found a core on the WWW, new and cheap in the US, partstrain I
        think are the company...but they wont ship internationally....

        Thankfully a member on here has already offered a possible lead on
        getting the core to me.

        Sorry this has gone a bit off topic, basically the original post was
        about some AC questions which I think I have worked out, the reason I
        got to work on the AC area of the van was because I had to remove the
        heater core as it leaks...

        John

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Billy Mason" <southernmutt@...>
        wrote:

        > so you need a heater core... have you tired looking at sites on the
        www for
        > it..
        > billy

      • Billy Mason
        Message 3 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
          no problem. not off topic to me.. just ask away if you need more help
          billy
          > I have found a core on the WWW, new and cheap in the US, partstrain I
          > think are the company...but they wont ship internationally....
          >
          > Thankfully a member on here has already offered a possible lead on
          > getting the core to me.
          >
          > Sorry this has gone a bit off topic, basically the original post was
          > about some AC questions which I think I have worked out, the reason I
          > got to work on the AC area of the van was because I had to remove the
          > heater core as it leaks...
          >
          > John
          >
          > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Billy Mason" <southernmutt@...>
          > wrote:
          >>
          >> so you need a heater core... have you tired looking at sites on the
          > www for
          >> it..
          >> billy

        • Lynnie Whitefield
          Message 4 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
            Lots of $$$???? Watch out!
            Do you want to buy some lakefront property in Arizona??

            Message 5 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
              lol ;)

              is there any water in Az?>

              John

              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Lynnie Whitefield" <birdman1@...>
              wrote:

              > Lots of $$$???? Watch out!
              > Do you want to buy some lakefront property in Arizona??

              9/3/2008 7:15 AM

            • Lynnie Whitefield
              Message 6 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
                John if you are legitimate I appoligize. Your offer sounded like a scam offering lots of $$$ just to buy a part and send it to you.

                No I don't know of any lakes in Arizona, if there is they are few.

                Lynnie

                > Do you want to buy some lakefront property in Arizona??

                9/3/2008 7:15 AM

              • John
                Message 7 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
                  sorry Lynnie yes I am legit :0 just my odd way of communicating

                  the lots of $$ was to show I am desperate , over here in UK with not a
                  chevy part in sight :(((

                  :)

                  wrote:

                  > John if you are legitimate I appoligize. Your offer sounded like a
                  scam offering lots of $$$ just to buy a part and send it to you.

                  > No I don't know of any lakes in Arizona, if there is they are few.
                  >
                  > Lynnie

                  9/3/2008 7:15 AM

                • Lynnie Whitefield
                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
                    John,

                    I apoligize again as I know how difficult it is to get parts for older vehicles here.

                    I have a couple of cars 45 and 43 years old and I know what it is to find some parts. The reason I selected a Class C motorhome was that I knew that parts would be easier to find as the coach got older.

                    The reason I questioned you post was because some people here have been scammed by folks sending bogus checks for cars or items above the cost of the item and wanting you to send the excess to another address. You write a check to send and find out the check they sent you is bogus. But I guess this goes on world wide and not only here.

                    Best Regards,

                    Lynnie Whitefield

                    wrote:

                    > John if you are legitimate I appoligize. Your offer sounded like a
                    scam offering lots of $$$ just to buy a part and send it to you.

                    > No I don't know of any lakes in Arizona, if there is they are few.
                    >
                    > Lynnie

                    9/3/2008 7:15 AM

                  • Penny
                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008

                      John, As one Brit to another, I didn't take your message the way some
                      folks did. If you want to buy it, and have it shipped to me in TX, I'll
                      get it sent on to you. I have no use for it,as I am an old great
                      grandma, with a good reputation. I have references....Happy Trails,
                      Penny, TX
                    • Dutch
                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 4, 2008
                        There is that little pond in AZ where the London Bridge now lives...

                        http://www.golakehavasu.com

                        Dutch

                        wrote:

                        > John if you are legitimate I appoligize. Your offer sounded like a
                        scam offering lots of $$$ just to buy a part and send it to you.

                        > No I don't know of any lakes in Arizona, if there is they are few.
                        >
                        > Lynnie

                        9/3/2008 7:15 AM

                      • Scott Williams
                        Message 11 of 24 , Sep 6, 2008
                          John,

                          Rockauto.com appears to ship overseas. They have some of the best parts
                          prices I've found, and I've been very impressed with their service the
                          few times I've used them.

                          Just as an example, their cheapest core for a '78 G30 (I don't remember
                          the year of yours) shipped the cheapest option, would be $86.39
                          delivered to London. Probably cheaper than I would have to pay for a
                          heater core for a British car.

                          For comparison, the same part shipped to my door here in western New
                          York state is $29.78.

                          I have no experience using this company for overseas purchasing, but
                          have confidence in them and the products they carry.

                          Scott in Penfield NY
                          1983 Shasta/Sportscoach 33' SB Roadmaster (Class A 454 P30)

                          John wrote:
                          > All,
                          >
                          > would any of you like lots of $$ to receive a heater core and ship it
                          > on to me in UK ? :)
                          >
                          > I suppose it will take a while for shipping to me though :((
                          >
                          > John

                        • John
                          Message 12 of 24 , Sep 6, 2008
                            Many thanks Scott , and Penny.

                            Bob Ross was the first to offer himself as a shipper and has my
                            gratitude too!.

                            I have another option, my Boss is in Houston this week, so I will see
                            if partstrain can ship to his hotel and I may have the core this time
                            next week :)

                            Will definately take a look at Rockauto, as there are bound to be
                            other bits I need as time goes on.

                            John