Re: decal removale

  • Dutch
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 2008
      Our truck shop uses "Vinyl-Off" to remove the decals and graphics on
      trucks and trailers:

      http://www.westendproducts.com/vinyloff.htm

      Dutch

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <tfraz58@...> wrote:

      > I bought an old Dodge Dakota pickup from an auction one time that had
      > been a county truck. It still had psrts of the county seals and other
      > decals and sticky gook on it. The product is "GOOF OFF", available in
      > most hardwares, Home Depot, Lowe's, probbaly even Walmart. Did a
      > fantastic job with patience, rags, and a little elbow grease. Didn't
      > hurt the paint and when I was done you couldn't tell there had ever
      > been anything there. The truck looked great (well, at least as great
      > as a ten year old orange and white truck CAN look...)
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Jabba Truck <jabbathetruck@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > A paint store might have some ideas.
      > > I've heard of people using oven cleaner to get fake woodgrain off
      > of 70's - 80's station wagons.  When I worked at a used office
      > furniture place, we had some spraycan stuff for removing stickers,
      > labels, and old tape from furniture we were preparing for resale, but
      > occasionally we would use "Goof-off" too.
      > >
      > > Are you planning to repaint anyway? Try a heat gun.

    • Penny
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2008
        > Subject: [classicrv] decal removale
        > how do you remove old decals. I am trying to get rid off the allegro
        > stickers on the side of my mh. the siding is corregated so I can't
        just scrape them off.Thanks

        We used a detail steamer, like the kind they sell for cleaning stoves,
        etc. Penny,TX
      • dxxx cxxxxx
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2008
          you can buy decal remover in a spray can at a body shop supply or automotive paint store. goof off or goo gone is good to remove the glue residue after you get the decals off. Doug