Re: [classicrv] Re: New Member

  • webmaster_at_thervers@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 30, 2000
      We tow a '94 Ranger 2WD with a manual tranny with 4 on the ground and
      have had no problems. I have seem alot of RVers towing frontwheel
      drives on a dolly. If you go with this configuration you can get a
      dolly that has breaks that will take care of panic breaking. Just
      make sure you turn off the breaks if you are towing it empty. My
      ranger weighs 3800 pounds and that is right at our weight limit. I
      chose not to use a dolly just for the price. Just make sure you
      follow the manufactures directions on towing found in your owners
      manual.

      Happy Websurfing and RVing
      Thank you
      Webmaster_at_TheRVers

      Website: http://www.geocities.com/thervers/
      Club: http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theultimaterverspage
    • Robin
      Message 2 of 21 , May 1 8:15 PM
        Looks like we won't need to worry about a car for awhile- ours finally bit the dust....i mean seriously...an old worn out celebrity. So, what we save by boondocking this summer, we can buy another. I did upload pics of our new-old rv. Hopefully the previous owners still have the manuals, but we'll see. We also are hunting for wintering areas, any suggestions? As a kid we used to spend winders in AZ, but am wondering if you all have suggestions and favorites? My husband dearly wants to head up to Washington, as in the Navy they spent time in Victoria.

        Robin

        http://goin.to/pencilsnpaws
        ***********
        "Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of worthless human lives."

        ~ Albert Schweitzer

          Message 4 of 21 , May 1 10:33 PM
            Duane; next time you're in Yuma, say hi to Clarence Bugg ("Buggsie"). If you met ANY ham radio/RVers in Yuma, they know Buggsie, guaranteed.
            This is my 1st post since I joined the list about a week ago, so I guess I'll take this opportunity to say hello to Robin and the group and introduce myself. I'm Tracy; I live in North Alabama with my wife and 2 girls. We are not fulltimers (yet). We have a 1979 Dodge class C on a 127" wheelbase. I do all the work on it myself. It's ugly but functional; just the way I like things. One of these days I'd like to get an old class A Travco.
            We camp quite a bit on weekends, and most years we go to the Michigan UP to visit some of my wife's family; and to the Southwest in a looping tour that eventually brings us to Colorado to visit more family.
            Tracy
            Message 5 of 21 , May 1 10:34 PM
              Hi - when you log onto onelist, and go to the classicrv site, on the side is a link to upload files- good way to share pics, here's the link, http://www.onelist.com/files/classicrv/, just click on the folder and there you can view them. We spent some time in Glenrock WY last summer and it was so pretty, of course wintering there would deefinately make life interesting!

              Robin
              http://goin.to/pencilsnpaws
              ***********

              Message 6 of 21 , May 2 8:17 AM
                Robin that's a really great looking MH. Now that I found out how to
                do it I uploaded pix of our MH and lot in Idaho. Thanks for the tip
                Duane

                Message 7 of 21 , May 2 1:39 PM
                  Robin,
                  Look at the car experience as if you will get an oppertunity to
                  get to know the new MH without burning as much gas. Looks like a
                  great MH. Would you be interested in post a "journal" on your
                  doondocking? I am starting a new section on our website
                  title "Members Journals" where you can tell the world about your
                  adventures or misadventures.

                  Tracy,
                  Welcome to the club. Sounds like you put alot of miles on your
                  rig. I have spent some time in the Michigan UP and plan on going
                  there in a few months. I have spent most of my time around Marquet
                  and Iron Mountain. I have some good friends just south of Marquet
                  towards Skandia (talk about the sticks). Where do you camp in the UP.

                  Duane,
                  Nice looking Rig. When you are able to logon to our club at
                  yahoo post a picture if you like.

                  To all members,
                  I have started a new feature on our website "The Ultimate RVers
                  Page" called "Members Journal's". If you are interested in post a
                  journal of all your adventures or misadventures come to our website
                  and post your first entry. You can post info on campgrounds, diners,
                  road conditions, good places to doondock, or anything else you would
                  like to tell the world.
                  Come by our club and post a Photo of your rig for the world to
                  see.

                  Message 8 of 21 , May 2 4:50 PM
                    I'm familiar with Marquette and Iron Mountain. We go to Herman, which is on
                    top of the mountain just outside Baraga. We also have a niece in Hancock,
                    which is pretty close to there.
                    Tracy
                    .

                    Message 9 of 21 , May 3 4:21 PM
                      Hi - Welcome to the list Tracy, you live in an area we are hoping to
                      see some of. Our big news, we have been waiting for a year for the
                      Navy to approve my husbands disability from service related illness-
                      they finally approved it after a year- which means we can go full
                      time now- yeah!!! Actually, we won't see it till later this summer,
                      but it eliminates some complications.As far as last years experiences
                      on the road- i think we could fill a book- Garrison Kellor would have
                      a field day with our mis-adventures- but thats what makes it so
                      interesting, right? I would be glad to put some stuff together- we
                      had 6 weeks on the road on the old pace arrow and it was literally a
                      shakedown cruise!:) From the dogs getting loose to deer bumping into
                      the rv at nite- to my husband and a bear having a standoff in the
                      Grand Tetons- never a dull moment. Right now we are trying to compile
                      some info on boondocking and unusual places- we tend to avoid places
                      like the KOA, preferring more unique settings. LOL!

                      Robin

                      Message 10 of 21 , May 3 5:27 PM
                        It sounds like you have had a very adventures 6 monts. I would be
                        honored to have your journal posted on our website "The Ultimate
                        RVers Page". When you have completed your first entry either go to
                        our website and click on "Members Journal's" and follow the
                        directions or eMail it to me. We are fellow dog lovers and travel
                        with 4. Before we hit the road I bread, raised, trained, and showed
                        dogs as a hobby. I have worked with Old English Sheep Dogs, Irish
                        Setters, Weimeriners, Irish Woulfhounds, Cocker Spaniels, and several
                        other breads. They are the best companions and have adapted well to
                        the RV lifestyle. We have had a couple of occasions when we have done
                        the "doggy round-up". We had Avid chips implanted when they where
                        pups. I highly recommend having your vet doing this. The chip only
                        costs about $30 and registration is about $6. Quite reasonable for
                        the piece of mind.

                        Message 11 of 21 , May 3 6:59 PM
                          4 on the road hmmmm...must keep you busy. We have a sheltie that we got from a rescue, her spirit was pretty well broken, being in a crate the first 5 years made her very timid. Then we have Toby, our little mischief maker, although I am working on his obedience now, he is a pound puppy, a Chihuahua/mix, looks like the taco bell dog, and thinks he's a big dog. Anyway, we stopped on the side of the road outside of Bishop CA, 4 am, and he shoots out the door, and went for a run(has jets on his feet). Well, we finally just sat there till he got done - if you chase him he thinks its a game- he finally came back, from that point on we keep his harness and leash on him, and hooked inside so he can't do that again. Our Camphosting should be interesting, as they have bobcats in southern OK as well as coyotes, I will continue his training- until we got him he had seldom been outside or been on a leash so he is a handful, even if little. I will try to put together a bit on our trip- we learned allot, and one big lesson- keep a sense of humor! Like the roads in Wyoming, just cuz the map says there is a road- their definition of road and our definition aren't the same! We found quite often the pavement would stop suddenly and there we are on a gravel road hoping it really goes where it shows on the map!:) And one of the things we also found in our Pace Arrow, people were very friendly, because it was older, they wanted to talk and reminisce about their rvs..

                          Robin

                          Canine Portraits
                          http://goin.to/pencilsnpaws
                          ***********

                          Message 12 of 21 , May 4 12:15 PM
                            They can be a challange but they are also alot of fun. Don't you hate
                            it when people abuse or negrect there pets. We rescued a OES from the
                            pound that was 10 when we got her. You could tell when she was a pup
                            she was well taken care of but was neglected when her owner died and
                            was passed on to her daughter. We had her for almost 6 years (near
                            record age for an OES). I love stories with a good ending. After 5
                            years of caging I don't know if there is much you can do to socialize
                            the sheltie. The only thing I can recomend is start by walking it in
                            parks away from other people and animals and slowley bring it closer
                            over a matter on weeks, don't force it to quickley. Dogs love to play
                            keep-away. Some dogs like to get loose and sniff everything. I have
                            had a few dogs do this and the only way I have found to get them to
                            stop running and come back quickley was to ignore them until they
                            come looking for attention then praise them heavily. After I would do
                            this a few times playing keep-away is no longer fun to them.