Re: Hep Info on Champion Motor Home.

  • Leeann
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, PERRY WELSH <perrywelsh@...> wrote:

      > I have a 1976 Champion Motor Home with dodge engine and transmission with split 16.5
      tires and rims. I would like to change to the more modern 16 inch tires and rims. Will
      later dodge 1 ton rims work on my motorhome. Thanks any help is appreciated. Perry

      I doubt you actually have split rims on a '76 - I'd bet you have split ring rims, which are
      different (and are really no problem). You can still get 8R16.5 (8.00-16.5) tires; check
      tirerack.com, among any tire place that does truck tires. Oh, and Pep Boys, too. I do know
      that 8.75-16.5 / 8.75R16.5 tires fit and work fine on those rims (lots of discussion about
      that) and are usually more available than the 8.00-16.5.

      I don't know if later dodge 1 ton rims work; my '73 has 8-lug wheels but there's also a pin
      that locates where the rim goes on the hub. I don't think, iirc, that the later 16" rims have
      that locating pin/hole.

      Leeann
    • Penny
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2008
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, PERRY WELSH <perrywelsh@...> wrote:
        > I have a 1976 Champion Motor Home with dodge engine and transmission
        with split 16.5 tires and rims. I would like to change to the more
        modern 16 inch tires and rims. Will later dodge 1 ton rims work on my
        motorhome. Thanks any help is appreciated. Perry

        Perry, have you looked in www.championfleetowners.com
        Lots of info on Champions there. Happy Trails, Penny, TX