1977 Dodge carbeurator

  • Kathi Brown
    Message 1 of 15 , May 1, 2008
      Hi, I purchased a 1977 Dodge Class C motorhome in January. Well it was
      supposed to have a new carbeurator in it, but now I find out the guy lied,
      imagine that.

      Does anyone know where I can find some kind of Chilton type book where I can
      see what it takes to replace it myself?

      Any info appreciated.

      Kert Brown

    • Al Fonseca
      Message 2 of 15 , May 1, 2008
        I think Summit makes a replacement.

        www.summitracing.com

        Al

        > Hi, I purchased a 1977 Dodge Class C motorhome in January. Well it was
        > supposed to have a new carbeurator in it, but now I find out the guy lied,
        > imagine that.
        >

        > Does anyone know where I can find some kind of Chilton type book where I
        > can
        > see what it takes to replace it myself?
        >

        > Any info appreciated.
        >

        > Kert Brown

      • Leeann
        Message 3 of 15 , May 2, 2008
          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Kathi Brown" <create@...> wrote:
          > Hi, I purchased a 1977 Dodge Class C motorhome in January. Well it was
          > supposed to have a new carburetor in it, but now I find out the guy lied,
          > imagine that.
          > Does anyone know where I can find some kind of Chilton type book where I can
          > see what it takes to replace it myself?
          > Any info appreciated.

          > Kert Brown

          Get the Dodge service manual for your year, available on eBay. It's Called Dodge Van
          Compact Voyager, and there's one on eBay right now: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1977-Dodge-Van-Compact-Voyager-Service-
          Manual_W0QQitemZ290225956214QQcmdZViewItem

          item# 290225956214 in case the link gets messed up.

          You might not need a new one, just rebuild the old one. Complete instructions come
          with the rebuild kits.

          Leeann
        • dxxx cxxxxx
          Message 4 of 15 , May 2, 2008
            chiltons was bought out by haynes. thier books are
            available at any auto parts store. even better would
            be the factory manual, also available on cd-rom.
            used and reprint manuals as well as cd-roms are
            available on ebay, you can also buy cd's at
            moparmanuals(dot)com
            Doug

            --- Kathi Brown <create@...> wrote:

            > Hi, I purchased a 1977 Dodge Class C motorhome in
            > January. Well it was
            > supposed to have a new carbeurator in it, but now I
            > find out the guy lied,
            > imagine that.
            >

            > Does anyone know where I can find some kind of
            > Chilton type book where I can
            > see what it takes to replace it myself?
            >

            > Any info appreciated.
            >

            > Kert Brown