Re: Update on Autogear box problem for Christmas

  • Sean
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2008
      hi,every one latest on gearbox is that it is now fixed and running
      but now I have got a problem with a vibration at speeds between 25
      and 40 mph. The person who removed gearox is coming back to have a
      look and thinks that it might be the prop shaft. Hopfully in will be
      solved before the weekend when I am hopping to get away for a few
      days.

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Sean" <sean.hayward@...> wrote:

      > Hi every one the lastest news on my gearbox is that I have found a
      man
      > who repairs american cars and trucks, and he is coming to see me at
      the
      > end of next week and recounds that it will only take just over a
      week
      > to do rebuild with heavy duty parts and the total cost should be in
      the
      > £900. to £1000. pounds sterling. I would be pleased with that
      mainly
      > because I have not got the worry of getting my RV to a workshop. He
      is
      > going to remove gear box to get repairs done and both oil coolers.
      then
      > replace uj and bearings on proshaft, I know that one of the
      bearings on
      > prop has got very slight wear so it makes sense to get all this
      done at
      > the same time. If things come in under buget I might even buy my
      wife
      > something nice. (some new wheelnut covers, (she would kill me)).
      Any