Re: to Tye and Lynn

  • Rose Waymire
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2000
      Hi Tye and Lynn,

      Have you put your "would travel to" destinations in the database at
      the left sidebar yet? Also have you tried to put your vote in the
      rally poll? I couldn't get it to take more than one vote so I had to
      post my reply. I voted for Cedar Rapids, Branson, and Minneapolis. I
      should be ready to try a trip sometime in June.

      Rose from Nebraska

      --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Tye Day" <hippiety@c...> wrote:
      > Most people call me Tye or Hippie--I haven't posted much, to many
      > projects, but I enjoy the chat and information I find here. 2 years
      > ago Lynn & I bought a 1970 Travco,2700 and we love it. We've put
      > almost 4000 miles on it sense then, 1 trip to Florida,2 to
      > Texas,several to our local lakes. we are in Oklahoma about 1/2 way
      up
      > the state on east side.The rig has a 413 CI. engine, a 6.5 Onan
      > comercial type generator, that we had to install, the old one was
      the
      > orignal 6 KW unit, "control box problems drove me to replace
      it".The
      > only other problem we've had was fuel starvation on the trip to
      Fla.
      > after replumbing the system, from tank to engine fuel pump,a 1
      micron
      > filter then an electric pump back at the tank. Tires were also a
      bit
      > of a headache at first,[17"] after locating a good source I have
      good
      > tires, 6 on the ground,spare and 2 in a storage box on top of the
      > rig,I call them my "road hazzard guarantee". The other thing I have
      > found out is that although the rig is titled as a 1970 the chassis
      is
      > a late 1968 or 1969, and that many builders use these leftovers
      which
      > makes it a hassel in getting the proper parts untill you know what
      > you've got, well enough rambling,
      > I'ed better go do something even if it's "WRONG". Would love a
      rally,
      > if I can get Lynn out of her book store, sometimes easy, sometimes
      > not. Good luck to all and be safe---Hippie
    • Hippiety
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
        Hi Rose ---- Yes I have done the polls and have just posted a pictuer
        of --U-TURNS in the files-- got to get back to work," I'm retired, --I
        THOUGHT" LOL Tye.

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2000
          Nice looking rig Tye. Is that a complete unibody? Does it suffer any
          stress cracking because of it being a unibody? I got to wondering if
          anyone might happen to know what year the first class A and class C
          as we know them, were built? In other words how old is the oldest
          classic in these fields?

          Rose from Nebraska