rejetting holly 2bbl

  • steve elms
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
      I have a '76 22' Midas on a Dodge M300 chassis. It has the 360 engine
      with a Holly 2bbl carburetor.

      I think the carburetor is jetted too lean. Has anyone tried changing
      the jets?

      In addition to running too lean I experience a flooded condition after
      a hot soak. I've rebuilt the carburetor and then changed the needle
      valve again with no improvement.

      Any advice?

      Steve Elms
      Fort Worth, Tx
    • Ron Mitchell
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
        Did you check the float settings carefully? There is a specification
        for both float height and float drop.

        Ron
        76 Coachmen

        At 08:26 AM 11/03/2007, you wrote:

        >I have a '76 22' Midas on a Dodge M300 chassis. It has the 360 engine
        >with a Holly 2bbl carburetor.
        >
        >I think the carburetor is jetted too lean. Has anyone tried changing
        >the jets?
        >
        >In addition to running too lean I experience a flooded condition after
        >a hot soak. I've rebuilt the carburetor and then changed the needle
        >valve again with no improvement.
        >
        >Any advice?
        >
        >Steve Elms
        >Fort Worth, Tx

      • Jerry Cassem
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
          I have a 71 Winnebago with a Holley 4 BBL on a 318-3.
          I checked casting number on manifold and it was a 1970 360,
          so someone had changed manifold to put this holley 4bbl on,
          and 2 dual exhaust, but engine is 318-3. I get good gas
          mileage for a 12,800 pound rig, about 9mpg+.
          I rebuilt the Holley this summer and I found a real
          good source for info. It's https://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm
          Skip down the pages to common problems, tell you everything you
          ever want to know aboout Holley carbs.
          Hope this helps you.....

          --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "steve elms" <selms@...> wrote:

          > I have a '76 22' Midas on a Dodge M300 chassis. It has the 360 engine
          > with a Holly 2bbl carburetor.
          >
          > I think the carburetor is jetted too lean. Has anyone tried changing
          > the jets?
          >
          > In addition to running too lean I experience a flooded condition
          after
          > a hot soak. I've rebuilt the carburetor and then changed the needle
          > valve again with no improvement.
          >
          > Any advice?
          >
          > Steve Elms
          > Fort Worth, Tx

        • Jerry Cassem
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 4, 2007
            Sorry for bad link, here it is http://www.bob2000.com/carb.htm

            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "steve elms" <selms@...> wrote:

            > I have a '76 22' Midas on a Dodge M300 chassis. It has the 360 engine
            > with a Holly 2bbl carburetor.
            >
            > I think the carburetor is jetted too lean. Has anyone tried changing
            > the jets?
            >
            > In addition to running too lean I experience a flooded condition
            after
            > a hot soak. I've rebuilt the carburetor and then changed the needle
            > valve again with no improvement.
            >
            > Any advice?
            >
            > Steve Elms
            > Fort Worth, Tx

          • Dan Anderson
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 11, 2007
              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "steve elms" <selms@...> wrote:
              >Hi It sounds like there is avacum leak internaly or externaly
              Check for that first. even check to make sure the intake manifold
              isn't leaking vacum. The flooding condition is either the floot sticks
              or the choke is closing because of the vacume leak.
              Good luck dan