Re: [classicrv] Re: question

  • JerryK
    Message 1 of 18 , Nov 2, 2007
      Joe,
      I'm 6' and don't have a problem. Ours has been in the family for over 37 years 145,000 miles. In their day they were the top of the line. Sturdy chassis, fiberglass shell over a metal frame. 318 or 413 or 440 Dodge/Plymouth powerplant. The Dodge / Travco Motorcaders Club was over 7000 or 8000 strong at one time.
      Jerry K

      Joe <jsrnfl@...> wrote:
      I've looked at the Travco's on ebay and am hesitant.....What kind of
      interior height is there in them? I love the fiberglas body, the old
      look and am not afraid of the challenge of minor repairs. Thanks

      Joe3

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Shelly <lshelly1061@...> wrote:

      > Two years ago I was driving to a friends and saw the Whale (my 71
      Dodge Travco 220) on the side of the road. I pulled over & asked to
      see inside (it wasn't for sale) I really liked the use of space, etc
      and that fact that it was all fiberglass (wont rot) and eventually
      waited until the guy put it up for sale.