Re: Rally

  • Rose Waymire
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 30, 2000
      Give a description please. And what large city is it closest to?

      Rose from Nebraska

      --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Chris Swan" <possum@t...> wrote:
      > Anyone interested in Washington Island, WI?
      >
      > -Chris
    • Chris Swan
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
        Washington Island is at the tip of the Door County Penninsula; that
        piece of land that sticks out in to Lake Michigain on the east side
        of the state. It's about 90 miles north/east of Green Bay or 200
        miles north of Milwaukee. Here's a couple websites:
        http://www.washingtonisland.com/ http://www.doorcountyvacations.com/
        If anyone from out of state asks me "Where's the best place in
        Wisconsin is to visit?" I always send them there. Even if you don't
        make it to the Island, Door County is a cool place to go. I don't
        recommend the Dells...too crowded...full of tourists! :) As for me,
        I'd rather go up to Rhinelander...up in the boondocks where it's
        quiet.
        Hope this helps.

        -Chris

      • hackeyfly@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
          You MUST go to the EAA museum in Oshkosh, an incredible display for aviation
          enthusiasts and history buffs, as well as gearheads. Even the non-aviation
          types will enjoy it.
          Pat in MD
        • Bob & Holly Fabricius
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
            --- THAT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!
            In classicrv@egroups.com, hackeyfly@a... wrote:
            > You MUST go to the EAA museum in Oshkosh, an incredible display for
            aviation
            > enthusiasts and history buffs, as well as gearheads. Even the non-
            aviation
            > types will enjoy it.
            > Pat in MD
          • Bob & Holly Fabricius
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
              --- THAT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!
              How about the land between Minaqua and Tommahawk?

              In classicrv@egroups.com, "Chris Swan" <possum@t...> wrote:
              > Washington Island is at the tip of the Door County Penninsula; that
              > piece of land that sticks out in to Lake Michigain on the east side
              > of the state. It's about 90 miles north/east of Green Bay or 200
              > miles north of Milwaukee. Here's a couple websites:
              > http://www.washingtonisland.com/
              http://www.doorcountyvacations.com/
              > If anyone from out of state asks me "Where's the best place in
              > Wisconsin is to visit?" I always send them there. Even if you don't
              > make it to the Island, Door County is a cool place to go. I don't
              > recommend the Dells...too crowded...full of tourists! :) As for me,
              > I'd rather go up to Rhinelander...up in the boondocks where it's
              > quiet.
              > Hope this helps.
              >
              > -Chris
              >
              > --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Rose Waymire" <golden9856@n...>
              wrote:
              > > Give a description please. And what large city is it closest to?
              > >
              > > Rose from Nebraska
              > >
              > > --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Chris Swan" <possum@t...> wrote:
              > > > Anyone interested in Washington Island, WI?
              > > >
              > > > -Chris
            • Chris Swan
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
                Yup;

                Been there, done that. EAA would be on my top ten list.

                -Chris

                --- In classicrv@egroups.com, "Bob & Holly Fabricius" <bobalou1@p...>
                wrote:
                > --- THAT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!
                > In classicrv@egroups.com, hackeyfly@a... wrote:
                > > You MUST go to the EAA museum in Oshkosh, an incredible display
                for
                > aviation
                > > enthusiasts and history buffs, as well as gearheads. Even the non-
                > aviation
                > > types will enjoy it.
                > > Pat in MD
              • Chris Swan
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 1, 2000
                  wrote:
                  > --- THAT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!
                  > How about the land between Minaqua and Tommahawk?

                  Ahh...The North Woods. This is the region north of State Hy. 29, and
                  east of State Hy. 13. Minocqua can get a bit congested during the
                  peak summer months but not as bad as Wisconsin Dells. I haven't been
                  up there much since the mid-1980's, though. Lots of nice campgrounds
                  and resorts in this area. If your looking for more info on this area,
                  just ask!

                  -Chris
                • kartma50
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 11, 2003
                    I took the poll on an Eastern rally to attend, but do not see any
                    info about rallys at all. Please direct me.

                    Thanks..I am new to this board.

                    Beverly
                  • Chappell, Joel B
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 11, 2003
                      Beverly-

                      We had our Eastern Rally for this year, back in June. It was at Townsend, TN
                      just outside the Smokey Mtn. National Park. Just two rigs attended. Everyone
                      else was busy writing about fan belts, and the various conjugations of belts
                      made by Gates & Co, which is too bad because they missed a great time.

                      Hopefully Mom is not discouraged, and she will schedule something for next
                      Spring/Summer.

                      Joel in NH