Re: 1991 Beaver Baronet circulator pump replacement

  • judyatnars
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
      Rich,

      I have not totally removed the circulator pump yet because the RV is
      on the road and will be for a couple of more months. When I take the
      circulator unit out I will post a picture of it. Thanks for the
      offer to help.

      I really like this old Beaver but I feel like an orphan. Parents
      don't want me and can't find any brothers/sisters! Fortunately the
      chassie manufacture (Gillig) still provides some support for chassie
      items.

      Thanks again

      Bill C

      --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "richard" <lamont4689@...> wrote:

      > is there any way you can add the picture--=to a album.?
      > i might be able to help - rich in Va.
      >
      > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "judyatnars" <oxfordhills@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am looking for a coolant 12v circulator pump for a 1991 Beaver
      > > Baronet coach with a Gillig chassis. I can't get any numbers off
      the
      > > old circulator pump, too rusty!. Gillig says the pump is a coach
      > > (Beaver manufacture) item. Beaver went bankrupt in 1994 and was
      > bought
      > > out my Monico who does not support the older Beaver units. Any
      > > thoughts on have to find a replacement would be appreciated.
      Winter
      > is
      > > coming and I could use the dash heat!
      > >
      > > Bill C

    • judyatnars
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 4, 2007
        Rich,

        A follow-up to my last message. I set up a photo album "1991 Beaver
        Baronet" per you suggestion. I did find a partial picture of what
        the circulator pump looks like while mounted. I'm not sure this will
        tell you much. I will get better ones when the RV gets back to
        homebase. Again thanks! bill c

        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "richard" <lamont4689@...> wrote:

        > is there any way you can add the picture--=to a album.?
        > i might be able to help - rich in Va.
        >
        > --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "judyatnars" <oxfordhills@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am looking for a coolant 12v circulator pump for a 1991 Beaver
        > > Baronet coach with a Gillig chassis. I can't get any numbers off
        the
        > > old circulator pump, too rusty!. Gillig says the pump is a coach
        > > (Beaver manufacture) item. Beaver went bankrupt in 1994 and was
        > bought
        > > out my Monico who does not support the older Beaver units. Any
        > > thoughts on have to find a replacement would be appreciated.
        Winter
        > is
        > > coming and I could use the dash heat!
        > >
        > > Bill C

      • judyatnars
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2007
          Rich,

          The red wire that is cut is the 12v power lead to the pump I think.
          It could go to the pressure switch. I'm not sure at this point. I
          haven't pulled everything apart yet. Before the wire was cut a 25amp
          fuse that provides power to the coolant circulator and airconditioner
          condensor fans would blow immediately. Once I cut the red lead to
          the circulator pump the fuse would hold and the condensor fans
          started to work. The picture was a view from underneath looking up
          at an angle. You can only see a small piece of what I believe is the
          actual pump in the upper left hand corner of the picture. When the
          RV gets back I will get a better look at it.

          Rich, I'm not a mechanic but am trying to learn. I'm thinking any
          12v circulator pump with assoicated temp switch would work as long as
          it physically fits the space? The pump is round with a heater hose
          inlet and outlet. The heater hose looks to be about 1 1/4 diameter.
          The pump is about 5 inches in diameter and about 8 to 9 inches tall.
          The pump is mounted on the same metal plate (weld to the frame) the
          presure switch is also mounted to the same metal plate. Plenty of
          room if a replacement pump is a little larger. Does one of your
          pumps fit the description above? Do you also have the associated
          temperature switch and anything else I might need to replace what I
          have? If so maybe I could purchase these items from you? If you
          want to communicate directly with me you can send email to me at
          oxfordhills at msn.com. Replace the at with the @ sign for the
          correct email address. Trying to hide my email address from the junk
          mailman!

          Again thanks for you help.

        • judyatnars
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 10, 2007
            Problem solved. Found a circulator pump made for a school bus that
            fit the beaver. Thanks all for the help.

            Bill