Re: [classicrv] Re: 76 camper- no water More ?'s

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2007
      Does your trailer have a bottom on it that covers the whole bottom of the
      trailer. Mine does. Most of the water pipes are in between the floor and
      the protective bottom on the bottom of the trailer. I had to take the
      bottom down once to repair a leak. It was a time consuming job. I am sure
      most of your pluming is in good shape. If one of the past owners did not
      flush out the system and you had a freeze up the pipes will only be split in
      one or two places. Much easer to fix a few leaks then to re pipe.

      Bill
    • indyandy46947
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 2007
        --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "Bill" <meganrose@...> wrote:

        > Does your trailer have a bottom on it that covers the whole bottom of
        the
        > trailer. Mine does. Most of the water pipes are in between the
        floor and
        > the protective bottom on the bottom of the trailer. I had to take
        the
        > bottom down once to repair a leak. It was a time consuming job. I
        am sure
        > most of your pluming is in good shape. If one of the past owners did
        not
        > flush out the system and you had a freeze up the pipes will only be
        split in
        > one or two places. Much easer to fix a few leaks then to re pipe.
        >
        > Bill

        Yeah, it has a covering of sorts. Kinda like a thick paper I think. I
        probably will have to remove part of it because it has a leak on the
        rear. What is the flooring made out of? Is it MDF of something like it?
        I wish I had a picture of how this was framed up. I would like to look
        at things in detail before I tear it apart to replace flooring or side
        walls. Do you know where I can find this imformation? Thanks Andy
      • Bill
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2007
          Have you tried to contacting Holiday Rambler. I talk to some one in parts
          that new just what I was talking about every time I need help.

          http://www.holidayrambler.com/

          > Yeah, it has a covering of sorts. Kinda like a thick paper I think. I
          > probably will have to remove part of it because it has a leak on the
          > rear. What is the flooring made out of? Is it MDF of something like it?
          > I wish I had a picture of how this was framed up. I would like to look
          > at things in detail before I tear it apart to replace flooring or side
          > walls. Do you know where I can find this imformation? Thanks Andy
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Michael VanPelt
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2007
            The weekend I crawled under our 1979 TransVan to do some rust prevention I
            noticed the paper torn in some spots – it seemed like a type or tar paper,
            so that’s what I used underneath to replace the ripped areas. Haven’t had
            any trouble with it; it’s basically just glued to the ¾” plywood floor deck
            with roof sealer and stapled in place.

            Mike VanPelt

            Director of Bands & Orchestras

            Riverside University High School