1975 dodge manifold

  • almerfudge
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
      last weekend my kid took the motorhome fishing.when he got home the
      exhaust manifold on passenger side is leaking. how do I fix the
      problem, is it a big job.thankyou
    • Henry Blair Jr.
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2007
        What size engine do you have? Is it a blown exhaust gasket or a cracked
        exhaust manifold? If the manifold is cracked, it will have to be replaced.
        Replacements are available either used from a salvage yard or on eBay (New
        or Used). Manifold replacement has its challenges, but it is not beyond the
        shade tree mechanic.

        Henry

        --
        Henry K. Blair, Jr.
        4365 Butternut Way

      • JerryK

          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
            --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "almerfudge" <almerfudge@...> wrote:
            >> last weekend my kid took the motorhome fishing.when he got home the
            > exhaust manifold on passenger side is leaking. how do I fix the
            > problem, is it a big job.thankyou >>

            If it is a 350, I have an extra one. Penny, TX
          • Dan Anderson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
              --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "almerfudge" <almerfudge@...> wrote:

              > last weekend my kid took the motorhome fishing.when he got home the
              > exhaust manifold on passenger side is leaking. how do I fix the
              > problem, is it a big job.thankyou

              I had mine wedded by professional about 6 years ago and about 10000
              miles later it's still working fine. Cost me $150

              On my 75 dodge 440, it was not a big job. The only thing that you need
              to know, is you have to drain the coolant. The bolts that hold the
              Manifold on screw into open holes in the Head.
            • Lena C. Knighten
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
                Is the leak between the head and manifold, Or between the manifold and
                exhaust pipe? Bi difference in the amount of work required.
                Lena
                --- In classicrv@yahoogroups.com, "almerfudge" <almerfudge@...> wrote:

                > last weekend my kid took the motorhome fishing.when he got home the
                > exhaust manifold on passenger side is leaking. how do I fix the
                > problem, is it a big job.thankyou

              • Eric
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2, 2007
                  To add to Henry's response ..... it could be as "simple" as a broken
                  stud ... but replacing one of those is not a simple job most of the
                  time. Best place to start here is to find out WHY it is leaking .....
                  then also determine the casting # of the manifold. ..... Eric